kMS ver. 1.2.164 – The Prelude of the Tempest!
The first patch of the Tempest update has been released! It doesn’t include much… other than job advancement changes. It’s really weird… there’s only one Tempest quest, no coins, no shop, nothing. I have no idea what Nexon Korea is thinking!
However, we now know the dates of the rest of the updates! July 12 (Choice of Light and Darkness), July 26, August 9, and August 23.
Here’s the world selection screen for this patch~ A lot of jobs are featured in it!
The third job advancement is now made at level 60 instead of 70. Likewise, the fourth job advancement is made at level 100 instead of 120! Note, these changes do not apply to Knights of Cygnus or Evan.
Adventurer and Aran now receive 4 SP at each advancement (including 1st). Resistance, the other heroes, and Mikhail get 5 SP at 1st job and 4 SP at 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. All SP has been reset, in order to compensate for the changed advancements and such. It took me more than an hour to redo the SP of all of my characters… my finger is dead right now.
In order to compensate for the lowered levels, many skill’s maximum levels were changed. You can see the list here (it’s way too long to post here, haha).
Quests for Ultimate Adventurers have been changed as well, I believe these are for levelling up your Cygnus skill?
Since Mikhail now advances at level 100, his Ultimate Adventurer quests now require you to find Peridots from Rash and Dark Rash, instead of Harps and Blood Harps.
All medals, pirate’s fourth job Riding skills, secondary weapons, and Demon Slayer’s weapons have had their levels changed to fit with the new advancements.
New Green General and Purple Senior equipment now drop from monsters around levels 30 and 60. They’re common equipment that come unidentified!
At these levels above, you will gain extra experience when levelling up! P.S. I checked with a friend, I was correct, they did not increase the experience needed to level up!
All equipment’s secondary stat requirement have been removed! To account for this, Auto Assign now only puts AP into a job’s main stat.
Oh yeah, the portal animation has been changed! It looks a bit weird in my opinion, but I guess it’s just because we’ve spent the last how many years staring at the old one?
Phantom‘s skills received a small nerf.
- Judgement (beginner): Fortune Card’s effect has been increased from 5% critical chance to 10% (upgraded Fortune Card’s effect has been increased from 10% critical chance to 20%)
- Talent of Phantom Thief I/II/III/IV: there is now a 30 second cooldown in between changing skills
- Blanc Carte (2nd): damage has been decreased from 160% to 140%
- Acute Sense (3rd): critical chance boost has been decreased from 50% to 30%
- Coat of Arms (3rd): damage has been decreased from 225% to 200%
- Soul Steal (4th): cooldown has been increased from 60 to 120 seconds
- Pray of Aria (4th): damage boost has been decreased from 30% to 20%
- Tempest of Card (4th): cooldown has been increased from 12 seconds to 18 seconds
- Ultimate Drive (4th): damage has been decreased from 130% to 120%
- Twilight (4th): damage has been decreased from 600% to 450%
- Noir Carte (4th): damage has been decreased from 220% to 200%
Also, Captain skills received a small change.
- Rapid Fire: damage has been decreased from 330% to 300%
- Captain Dignity: explosion damage has been increased from 70% to 100%
There is currently only one event active, called the Tempest Support event! It lasts until September 19, which means that the Tempest update itself will be up until then!
From now until September 19, there will be 2x drop going on, all day! There will also be 2x experience every Saturday and Sunday, from 1pm to 4pm!
And this is the only Tempest item available right now… the Tempest Teleport Rock. Honestly, that’s it. Where’s the festival?! Hopefully it comes in the next patch, this one was super disappointing…
There will be a couple Hot Times for the first patch of the Tempest update!
On July 7, you’ll get an AP Reset Scroll, Character Slot Coupon, and Happy Day Lucky Scroll~ The Lucky Scroll increases the success rate of one scroll by 10%, I think. Hooray for character slot coupons, now I’m ready for Luminous~!
On July 8, you’ll get an SP Reset Scroll, Advanced Equipment Enhancement Scroll, 50% Positive Chaos Scroll, and a chance to get 1 Hair Coupon.
By the way, a TV commercial has been released for Luminous. It doesn’t tell us anything new though…
Oh yeah, JMS finally revealed the information about their new update, called the Sengoku Era! It will feature a new area as well as two new classes! Plus, they don’t seem like they’ll be copied from pirates! Thanks to Shikage for the video, and like always, check his blog for more information!