kMS ver. 1.2.167 – Protector of the Dragons, Kaiser!
In this patch, the Protector of the Dragons, Kaiser has been released! He is the warrior class of the new Nova race~ In addition, another press conference video has been released (well… more like a rap?)! There’s some interesting things planned for all jobs in the future, so check it out!
They also increased the maximum number of character slots from 15 to 18~
Nexon has released DJ Inkwell’s Tempest Press Conference pt.2! This video confirms a lot of things!
First off, Angelic Burster is Kaiser’s friend Tia, after she took the cube from one of the altars in Pantheon. Man, her art looks much better than her in-game.
Secondly, new Hyper Skills are coming! At level 140 or higher, you’ll be able to get these skills~ The picture above is of Mercedes’ Hyper Skill I believe. We’ve already seen Aran’s Hyper Skill as well.
Finally, the Tempest update is now in 6 parts. Today is the Protector of the Dragons, Kaiser! On August 9, it will be Idol of the Battlefield, Angelic Burster! On August 16, Traitor Magnus, and finally on August 23, Beginning of Evolution, Hyper Skill!
I wonder what the Magnus update will be, maybe he’s going to be a boss? Or maybe they’ll expand Grandis! And Hyper Skills… I hope they’re cool, haha.
The wait ends! Her splendid debut has begun!
This entry is called Debut! Trinity! Of course this is Angelic Burster, it seems she’s a melee fighter? I wonder of those moves can actually be chained together in game like that! Also, I think she might be holding a gun in her other hand… does that mean she’ll use both her new weapon (Buster?) and a gun?
The first new job of the Nova race, Kaiser, has been added! Kaiser has its job advancements at the regular levels of 10, 30, 60, and 100.
This is Kaiser’s character creation screen, based on Pantheon. You can choose your gender, as well as one of two hairstyles.
Of course, Kaiser has his own Cash wardrobe.
Here’s Kaiser’s job advancement animation, the dragon looks a bit awkward in my opinion. (Thanks to 도족텐 for the two pictures above)
Kaiser’s Character Card effect gives 10, 20, 40, or 80 strength based on your rank.
Kaiser is of the Nova race, meaning he is a half dragon, he comes with horns, wings, and a tail!
In Kaiser’s tutorial, you first play the older Kaiser, the one before your character. After going to investigate Helisium, you meet Magnus, who suddenly attacks you! Magnus plans to attack Pantheon!
This is Kaiser’s cinematic. It goes in the tutorial in the spot where theres a black screen with yellow writing. As you can see, Kaiser is the one that breaks Magnus’ horn, when he tries to betray Pantheon. In doing so, Kaiser sacrifices himself to stop him. Then, (I believe), you as the player are a young boy who inherits Kaiser’s power.
The music was really fitting!
Kaiser gets his second job advancement instantly, but his third and fourth are done in Serenity. This place and NPC are prominent in the Luminous storyline… how are they related?
Kaiser uses two-handed swords, and a secondary weapon, the Dragon’s Soul. At fourth job, this Dragon’s Soul can have potential (weapon potential of course).
Kaiser also has its own equipment slot, the Emblem. It’s separate from the Dragon Soul that he uses as well! It can have potential as well.
Kaiser uses the Morph Gauge and Command skill systems. The Morph Gauge appears on your screen, it has the symbol of a dragon. As you use skills, the Morph Gauge will fill up and give you extra stats! To fill up the Morph Gauge, you must use the Command skill. Now, as Kaiser, you can hotkey his skills like normal.
However, using them like that will fill up the Morph Gauge very slowly. To do it faster, you must use your Dragon Slash (attack key) as well as the arrow keys and the Command skill to activate skills. Doing so will fill up the Morph Gauge much faster as well as healing a percentage of your HP.
As the Morph Gauge is filled, you will become stronger. The top left is the base state, and in first job you can fill it up to it’s first stage, when it is fully green. At second job, you can reach the second stage, where it is fully yellow. Finally, in third and fourth job, you can reach the third stage, all red, after which you can activate Final Figuration and transform!
Based on your Morph Gauge, the appearance of your character will change! The top left is the base state, leading to the first stage, then the second stage, and finally, your Final Figuration form. The top one is in third job and the bottom is in fourth.
With Kaiser, a new world has been released, Grandis. In Grandis there is the town of Pantheon, home to the Nova people. You can go from Pantheon to Maple World by using the Dimension Gate, located inside the Sanctuary and in Six Paths Crossway.
- Reshuffle Switch: Defense Mode: Switch to Defense Mode, increasing your defense, magic defense, and accuracy by 100 and your max HP by 10%. Cannot be used at the same time as Attack Mode.
- Reshuffle Switch: Attack Mode: Switch to Attack Mode, increasing your attack by 5, and critical chance and damage to bosses by 3%. Cannot be used at the same time as Defense Mode.
- Vertical Connect: Throw a rope upwards and climb instantly to the platform above.
- Transfiguration: When your Morph Gauge is filled up during battle, increase your strength.
- 1st stage: Increase the speed of your weapon by 1 stage, speed by 5%, jump by 5%, and acquire a 10% stance effect (1st job)
- 2nd stage: Increase the speed of your weapon by 1 stage, speed by 10%, jump by 10%, and acquire a 20% stance effect (2nd job)
- 1st stage: Increase the speed of your weapon by 1 stage, speed by 5%, jump by 10%, and acquire a 20% stance effect (3rd, 4th job)
- 2nd stage: Increase the speed of your weapon by 1 stage, speed by 10%, jump by 20%, and acquire an 40% stance effect (3rd, 4th job)
- Iron Will: Increase your max HP permanently by 10%. (Link Skill)
- Command: If used after a specific number of Dragon Slashes, a skill will be activated. When Command is used to activate skills, 5% of your HP is recovered and the Morph Gauge is increased.
- Dragon Slash: The default attack key becomes Dragon Slash. Repeatedly press the attack key to hit consecutively, up to 3 times. The first attack does 70% damage 3 times on up to 8 enemies, the second does 50% damage 5 times on up to 6 enemies, and the third does 60% damage 5 times on up to 6 enemies. (max level: 20)
- Flame Shot: Shoot the soul of a warrior in front of you, hitting up to 6 enemies for 170% damage 2 times. [Command Skill: attack + Command] (max level: 20)
- Double Leap: While in the air, jump again to move forward a certain distance. In addition, increase your speed and maximum speed by 20%. (max level: 15)
- Skin Protection: Strengthen your skin, permanently increasing your defense and magic defense by 200 and gaining a 40% Stance effect. (max level: 10)
- Impact Wave: Slam your sword into the ground, creating a shockwave that hits up to 8 enemies for 200% damage two times. [Command Skill: attack + attack + ↓ Command] (max level: 20)
- Pierce Rush: Move forward rapidly, pushing up to 12 enemies while dealing 250% damage with an 80% chance to stun for 2 seconds.(max level: 10)
- Will of Sword: Summon three versions of the sword that you are using, they will attack up to 3 enemies that you are attacking for 300% damage 3 times. There is a cooldown of 20 seconds. (max level: 20)
- Blaze Up: Burst with energy inside you, increasing your attack by 20 and your attack speed by 2 stages for 240 seconds. (max level: 20)
- Defense Mode 1st Enhancement: The effects of Reshuffle Switch: Defense Mode are enhanced, giving an extra 100 defense, magic defense, and accuracy and 10% HP. The enhanced effects stack with the base stats. (max level: 1)
- Attack Mode 1st Enhancement: The effects of Reshuffle Switch: Attack Mode are enhanced, giving an extra 5 attack, 2% critical chance and damage to bosses. The enhanced effects stack with the base stats. (max level: 1)
- Sword Mastery: Your mastery over the two-handed sword is increased by 50%. (max level: 10)
- Inner Blaze: Your strength is increased by 20 and your HP is increased by 20%. (max level: 10)
- Dragon Slash 1st Enhancement: Dragon Slash’s damage is increased by 30%. (prerequisite: 20 Dragon Slash) (max level: 2)
- Wingbeat: A blue tornado is created after beating your wings, which will attack enemies for 200% continuously until they die. The tornado will disappear if it moves a certain distance, if 10 seconds pass, or if it hits 40 times. If you attempt to summon 4 Wingbeats, the one that was summoned first will disappear. [Command Skill: attack + attack + Command] (max level: 20)
- Chain Pulling: Your sword extends forward, striking up to 8 enemies for 250% damage 2 times with an 80% chance to stun, then returns while pulling the enemies with it. (max level: 20)
- Petrified: Summon the head of a dragon in front of you for 40 seconds. The dragon spews fire to the left and right, hitting up to 6 enemies for 400% damage, with a 50% chance to slow enemies by 30% for 3 seconds. (max level: 15)
- Regain Strength: For 240 seconds, increase your resistance to status effects and elements by 60%. When attacking monsters inflicted with a status effect, there is a 100% chance to increase your damage by 200% for two attacks. (max level: 20)
- Catalyze: The dragon’s soul is used as a catalyst to increase your damage by 30% for 240 seconds. (max level: 20)
- Defense Mode 2nd Enhancement: The effects of Reshuffle Switch: Defense Mode are enhanced, giving an extra 100 defense, magic defense, and accuracy and 10% HP. The enhanced effects stack with the base stats. (prerequisite: 1 Defense Mode 1st Enhancement) (max level: 1)
- Attack Mode 2nd Enhancement: The effects of Reshuffle Switch: Attack Mode are enhanced, giving an extra 10 attack, 5% critical chance and 2% damage to bosses. The enhanced effects stack with the base stats. (prerequisite: 1 Attack Mode 1st Enhancement) (max level: 1)
- Self Recovery: Recover 5% of your HP and MP every 4 seconds. (max level: 5)
- Advanced Inner Blaze: Increase your strength by 30 and your HP by 30%. (prerequisite: 10 Inner Blaze) (max level: 10)
- Final Figuration: When the Morph Gauge is completely filled, Kaiser is transformed and his powers are enhanced. For 60 seconds, your critical chance will be increased by 20%, your damage will be increased by 15% and speed will be increased by 10%, your weapon speed will be increased by 2 stages, and you will gain the ability to ignore monster’s skills such as Damage Reflect or Super Weapon Defense Up. (max level: 10)
- During Final Figuration, Dragon Slash will do 200% damage 5 times on up to 8 enemies and Will of Sword will hit 300% damage 4 times. In addition, you will gain a Teleport skill.
- Dragon Slash 2nd Enhancement: Dragon Slash’s damage is increased by 50%. (prerequisite: 2 Dragon Slash 1st Enhancement) (max level: 2)
- Giga Slasher: Wield your sword and release a powerful attack that hits 1 enemy for 200% damage 10 times, with a 100% chance to slow them by 30% for 3 seconds. [Command Skill: attack + attack + attack + Command] (max level: 30)
- Blue Streak: Rush forward, attacking up to 12 enemies for 550% damage 3 times, with a 25% chance of instant death. (max level: 30)
- Infernal Breath: Summon a giant dragon that breathes fire, hitting up to 15 enemies for 350% damage 8 times. The dragon leaves flames that hit up to 6 enemies that walk through them and causes 200% damage over time every 1.2 seconds for 20 seconds. There is a cooldown of 20 seconds. (max level: 20)
- Sword Strike: Summon several swords that fall to the ground, hitting up to 12 enemies for 200% damage 6 times. At the areas where the swords hit the ground, there will be explosions dealing an extra 150% damage 4 times. [Command Skill: attack + ↓ Command] (max level: 20)
- Advanced Will of Sword: Summon five versions of the sword that you are using, they will attack up to 5 enemies that you are attacking for 400% damage 4 times. There is a cooldown of 20 seconds. Passively increase your attack by 30. (prerequisite: 20 Will of Sword) (max level: 30)
- Unflinching Courage: When attacking monsters, ignore 40% of their defense. (max level: 30)
- Defense Mode 3rd Enhancement: The effects of Reshuffle Switch: Defense Mode are enhanced, giving an extra 100 defense, magic defense, and accuracy and 10% HP. The enhanced effects stack with the base stats. (prerequisite: 1 Defense Mode 2nd Enhancement) (max level: 1)
- Attack Mode 3rd Enhancement: The effects of Reshuffle Switch: Attack Mode are enhanced, giving an extra 10 attack, 10% critical chance, and 3% damage to bosses. (prerequisite: 1 Attack Mode 2nd Enhancement) (max level: 1)
- Robust Armor: For 240 seconds, decrease the damage you take by 30% and the damage your party members take by 10%. (max level: 20)
- Advanced Sword Mastery: Increase your mastery over the two-handed sword to 70%, attack by 30, and minimum critical damage by 15%. (prerequisite: 10 Sword Mastery) (max level: 30)
- Nova Hero’s Will: Focus your spirit to be cured of any status. There is a cooldown of 360 seconds. (max level: 5)
- Dragon Slash 3rd Enhancement: Dragon Slash’s damage is increased by 100%. (prerequisite: 2 Dragon Slash 2nd Enhancement) (max level: 2)
- Final Transfiguration: In fourth job, the duration is increased from 60 seconds to 90 seconds, critical chance boost is increased from 20% to 40%, and the damage boost is increased from 15% to 30%.
- During Final Transfiguration, Blue Streak will hit 550% damage 4 times on up to 12 enemies with a 25% chance of instant death, Giga Slasher will hit 200% damage 12 times on up to 3 enemies, Advanced Will of Sword will do 400% damage 5 times on up to 5 enemies, and Dragon Slash will do 350% 6 times on up to 10 enemies. In addition, you will gain a Teleport skill.
Thanks to Fiel of Southperry for all skill icons and effects!
The Protector of the Dragons Open Celebration event has begun, and will last until September 14.
If you reach level 50 on your Kaiser, you’ll get the Kaiser Ring. It gives 3 to all stats, 2 attack and magic attack, and 10 defense, magic defense, and accuracy. If you are a third or fourth job Kaiser, you get an extra 5 attack. It can be traded through the account with a Share Name Tag.
At level 70, you’ll get a choice of one Special Mastery Book.
You’ll also get equipment boxes at the levels above, to help you along your way~
Finally, you’ll get 1.5x Experience coupons when you reach the levels above.
There’s a couple of Hot Times for Kaiser this weekend. The first on July 28 gives the Former Kaiser Helmet (12 to all stats, 200 HP and MP, 10 slots, 10 STR, 30% MP, and 6 attack to Kaisers), Kaiser’s signature hat which is level 75 and comes Unique on reveal, the Kaiser Premium Black Coupon which changes your Final Figuration form’s colour to black, a Character Slot Coupon as well as one AP Reset Scroll.
The second gives a Great Rohen, a level 80 sword that is Unique on reveal, a Kaiser Mystery Mastery Book, a Personality Growth Potion, and an SP Reset Scroll.
On the first Hot Time, you have a chance at winning the Tempest title (7 to all stats, 7 attack and magic attack, ignore 5% of a monster’s defense, tradeable with the Platinum Scissors of Karma) or a Fearless weapon. On the second, you have a chance of getting a Chaos Pink Bean Hat, Suit, or Black Bean Hat or Suit.
Sort of random, but Nexon made a huge Kaiser figure to show off in Korea. I think it looks pretty cool, what about you?
Oh yeah, a new type of potential has been added! It is called Additional Potential. On unidentified items, sometimes they will come with this Additional Potential. It is separate from regular potential, has its own ranks (Rare, Epic, Unique, Legendary), and its own cube. The stat above is 1 attack per level.
To get Additional Potential on your existing items, you will have to use Additional Potential Stamps which you can get from various events.
One other event has begun, called the Challenge! Tempest event. First of all, you can kill 200 monsters around your level to get 1 Tempest Coin (up to 10 times a day).
You can also hunt monsters in the new continent of Pantheon to get Tempest Celebration Boxes. Opening these will give you a variety of prizes including Tempest Coins, Buffs, Mount coupons, transformation potions, and surfboards~
Finally, you can get the Tempest Coin Bag, which when opened can give you 3 Tempest Coins, Tempest Coins plus an Intermediate Additional Stamp (10% chance of adding an Additional Potential line, 100% chance of breaking if failed), or Tempest Coins plus a 60% Chaos Scroll.
How do you get the bag? Well you have to participate in one of four challenges. Clear 3 Monster Park runs, 3 party quests, all four portraits in Spiegelmann’s Strange Gallery, or get to Wave 15 in Nett’s Pyramid.