kMSt ver. 1.2.457 – Demon Avenger & MapleStory Unlimited!
A new patch has been released in Tespia, giving us additional changes to Random Options, bosses, and other things. However, the more exciting thing is a new job, not Automata, but Demon Avenger, a split path for Demon Slayer! The preview video for the Winter update has also been released~
The Winter patch is called Unlimited, and will consist of 4 updates~
- December 6: Unlimited – more powerful items, bosses, and characters!
- December 20: Demon Avenger – intense charisma! Feel the true power of the Demon!
- January 3: Xenon – the eyes of a sad fate, born to be the perfect battler
- January 20: Monster Life – MapleStory delivers special fun! A fun party to make new friends begins!
What really interests me are those little fade ins at the end of the video… Who are these people? They seem really creepy for being a chicken and a clown… and the dragon… maybe we’ll be receiving a new area with these as bosses?
Additional Options (renamed from Random Options) have been changed slightly. The probability of equipment having it has been decreased, as well as the chances of receiving certain options such as boss damage and total damage.
Weapons will receive Additional Options based on a percentage of their base attack and magic attack while armor will receive fixed values depending on the rank of the Options. Items that have their level requirements increased will have a higher chance to gain advanced Options.
The list of items that can receive Additional Options are: pendant, face accessory, eye accessory, hat, earrings, top, overall, bottom, gloves, shoes, cape, belt, pocket, and armor. Secondary weapons and shields cannot have Additional Options.
A new item, the Flame of Reincarnation, can give items Additional Options. They can be used multiple times on an item. Using a Flame on an item will give it 5 Scissor counts (this effect will only work once per item though). The Flame will give different Additional Options based on if the item is a regular equipment or boss equipment.
Some bosses will now drop recipes for their equipment that will have Additional Options when created. The list is as follows:
- Van Leon equipment
- Stone of Eternal Life
- Dominator Pendant
- Loveless equipment
- Chaos Pink Bean (Black Bean) equipment
- Cygnus equipment
- Tyrant equipment
When fighting a boss, rewards will be distributed automatically after the boss has been defeated. In addition, equipment that bosses drop will have a higher chance to have Additional Options.
The Zakum expedition has been removed. Bosses have received some changes again.
- Boss monsters’ defense has been reorganized
- Magnus’ skill effects have been changed
- Sleeping gas’ effect has been lengthened to be more noticeable
- Cygnus’ whirlwind skill’s duration has been decreased
- When expelled by Cygnus, you must defeat all the monsters to return to her map
- Some skills that were used too often were adjusted
- The characteristics of her summoned monsters were changed
- Warning notice of attacks and effect times have been changed
- The health of your copy has been changed
- The characteristics of the summoned priests have been changed
- Arkairum’s drops have been adjusted
- Normal Mode and Hard Mode’s summons’ health have been adjusted
- The characteristics and damage of some attacks have been changed
- Time limit has been changed to 30 minutes
- Chaos Zakum’s health has been changed
- Chaos Horntail’s health has been changed
- The effects of some skills have been lengthened
- The characteristics and damage of some attacks have been changed
Monsters level 160 and over have had their health, defense, and damage increased. Monsters level 110 to 159 have had their health and defense increased.
Inner Ability has been reorganized, it is now named Ability. You now unlock each line of Ability by doing a quest at level 30, 50, and 70. The set up of Ability ranks has been changed to Rare, Epic, Unique, and Legendary. All Circulators have been condensed into the Ability Circulator, and you will receive them for every level of Honor you get after 31. You can also buy them from the Aswan shop or from bosses.
Mercedes, Phantom, Mikhail, Luminous, Kaiser, and Angelic Burster have received level 2 Link Skills~ Like Demon Slayer and Cannon Shooter, you must reach level 120 to unlock level 2. Also, existing Hyper Skills associated with the damage cap have been adjusted based on the new damage cap.
- Elf’s Blessing: level 2 – 15% bonus experience
- Deadly Instinct: level 2 – 15% critical chance
- Guardian of Light: level 2 – 110 second duration
- Permeate: level 2 – 15% defense ignored
- Iron Will: level 2 – 15% HP
- Soul Contract: level 2 – 90% damage increase (45% for Link Skill)
Demon’s new split job advancement, the Demon Avenger, has been added! It is created using the same process as Demon Slayer. After you arrive at the Resistance HQ, you must choose whether to become a Demon Slayer or Demon Avenger.
Like Demon Slayer, you can choose to be a male or female Demon Avenger.
He uses the Desperado as his weapon, and the Force Shield as his secondary weapon. However, his Force Shield does not increase his Force.
His damage is based off his current HP, and his skills consume HP but no Force. This is new to MapleStory, a character who does not require any stats but only HP!
Demon Avenger has the ability to use increasingly power skills with the Exceed system. As you use an Exceed skill, it will become faster and stronger. This will also apply if you do not use an Exceed skill for a certain period of time.
Exceed attack skills will increase your attack speed / make your attacks stronger the more you use it, but it will tire your body and the HP you can absorb from Absorb Life will decrease. The skill’s characteristic will change once Exceed skill enters the final enhanced state, and if you use skills other than mobility skills, enhanced state will reset.
- Exceed: Exceed skills’ damage and attack speed will be increased the more you use them, but when you hit 20 times, you will enter Overload and the amount of HP you can absorb from Absorb Life will decrease by 1%. Using another Exceed skill will reset the Overload state.
- High Efficiency: Increases the efficiency of potions used by 300%.
- Wild Rage: Your damage is increased by 5% (10% for level 2) due to your rage. (Link Skill)
- Demonic Class: Demon’s authority allows him to wear warrior equipment while ignoring their stat requirements.
- Exceed: Double Cross: Slash up to 8 enemies in front of you for 200% damage twice. Consumes 1% HP. [Exceed: increasing attack speed, when you reach the final stage, range is increased] (max level: 20)
- Release Overload: Release your Overload (maximum Exceed state) to heal 100% of your HP and gain 30% HP for 60 seconds. (max level: 20)
- Absorb Life: Recover 5% of your HP when you attack. (max level: 10)
- Demonic Sharpness: Permanently increase your speed by 30, jump by 20, and critical chance by 20%. (max level: 15)
- Exceed: Demon Strike: Rush forward, cutting down up to 10 enemies in your path, dealing 270% damage 2 times. Consumes 3% HP. [Exceed: increasing damage, when you reach the final stage, range is increased] (max level: 20)
- Bats Swarm: Summon your followers, a swarm of bats, to attack up to 8 enemies dealing 200% continuously until either 10 seconds pass or 40 hits have been made. By pressing the skill key again, you can change their direction. Consumes 400 HP. (max level: 20)
- Abyssal Rage: Increase your attack by 40 for 180 seconds. Consumes 200 HP. (max level: 20)
- Solid Will: Due to your strong will, your defense and magic defense are increased by 100%. (max level: 10)
- Desperado Mastery: Permanently increase your mastery over the Desperado by 50% and your accuracy by 120. (max level: 10)
- Inner Strength: Permanently increase your HP by 10% and strength by 30. (max level: 5)
- Exceed: Moonlight Slash: Slash up to 10 enemies around you in a circle, dealing 450% damage 2 times. Consumes 5% HP. [Exceed: increasing attack speed, when you reach the final stage, range is increased] (max level: 20)
- Inhale Vitality: While holding the key down, your Desperado will heal 10% of your health and attack up to 12 enemies for 400% damage continuously. After you let go of the key, an additional 1000% damage will be inflicted. Consumes 100 HP continuously. There is a cooldown of 20 seconds. (max level: 20)
- Shield Charge: Rush through up to 12 enemies with your shield, dealing 200% damage. The power emitted from your shield after the dash will push enemies further away while dealing % damage. (max level: 20)
- Refract Evil: Acquire the ability to defend against evil auras, increasing your resistance to states and elements by 50% and decreasing damage taken by 30% for 180 seconds. Consumes 600 HP. (max level: 20)
- Diabolic Recovery: Increase your HP by 40% for 300 seconds. Consumes 600 HP. Passivelyrecover 5% of your HP every 4 seconds. (max level: 20)
- Ease Exceed Pain: Permanently reduces the amount of HP lost by Exceed Overload of the skill Absorb Life by 5%. Exceed skills’ damage are increased by 30%. (max level: 20)
- Advanced Absorb Life: Passively increase the HP recovered when attacking by 10%. (required skill: level 10 Absorb Life) (max level: 5)
- Exceed: Execution: Using the true power of the demon, attack up to 2 enemies in front of you for 800% damage twice while ignoring 30% of their defenses. Consumes 4% HP. [Exceed: increasing attack speed, when you reach the final stage, another slash is added] (max level: 30)
- Shield Chasing: Throw two shields to chase up to 2 enemies, dealing 500% damage. Each shield can hit a maximum of 5 times before disappearing. Consumes 500 HP. There is a cooldown of 15 seconds. (max level: 30)
- Armor Break: Attack up to 12 enemies in front of you dealing 600% damage, tearing through their armor decreasing their defense by 30% for 30 seconds. Consumes 600 HP. (max level: 30)
- Bloody Imprison: Attack up to 15 enemies in front and behind you for 800% damage, imprisoning them for 20 seconds. Consumes 5000 HP. There is a cooldown of 120 seconds. (max level: 20)
- Overwhelming Power: Your damage is increased by 30% and your attack speed is increased by 1 stage for 180 seconds. Consumes 2000 HP. (max level: 30)
- Defense Expertize: Permanently increase the amount of monsters’ defense ignored by 30% and the damage of Shield Charge and Shield Chasing by 20%. (max level: 30)
- Advanced Desperado Mastery: Permanently increase your mastery over the Desperado to 70%, your attack by 30, and your minimum critical damage by 15%. (required skill: level 10 Desperado Mastery) (max level: 30)
- Enhanced Exceed: When using Exceed skills, there will be a 70% chance of performing another attack of 200% damage two times. (max level: 20)
- Exceed – Reinforce: Exceed skills’ damage are increased by 20%. [required level: 143]
- Exceed – Reduce Overload: The maximum rate of Overload while using Exceed skills is permanently decreased by 2. [required level: 162]
- Exceed – Bonus Chance: Exceed skills’ chance of having an extra attack are increased to 80%. (required skill: level 20 Enhanced Exceed) [required level: 183]
- Refract Evil – Reduce Damage: Refract Evil’s damage reduction is increased by 10%. (required skill: level 1 Refract Evil) [required level: 149]
- Refract Evil – Immunity Enhance 1: Refract Evil’s resistance to elements is increased by 10%. (required skill: level 1 Refract Evil) [required level: 168]
- Refract Evil – Immunity Enhance 2: Refract Evil’s resistance to states is increased by 10%. (required skill: level 1 Refract Evil) [required level: 189]
- Shield Chasing – Reinforce: Shield Chasing’s damage is increased by 20%. [required level: 155]
- Shield Chasing – Extra Target: Shield Chasing’s number of monsters hit is increased by 2. [required level: 177]
- Shield Chasing – Add Range: Shield Chasing’s range is increased by 50. [required level: 195]
- Forbidden Contract: By using a forbidden contract, increase your HP by 50% for 30 seconds. During this time, your skills will not use up any HP. Consumes 5000 HP. [required level: 150]
- Thousand Sword: The screen is shrouded in darkness, and then with tremendous speed, blue swords cut through up to 14 enemies dealing 300% 20 times. Consumes 3000 HP. There is a cooldown of 30 seconds.[required level: 170]
- Will of Liberty: The wish of the Resistance who dream of freedom and liberty in the Maple World becomes concrete, increasing your and Resistance in your party’s damage by 10% and maximum damage by 5,000,000 for 60 seconds. There is a cooldown of 120 seconds. [required level: 200]
Thanks to Fiel of Southperry for skill effects!