kMS ver. 1.2.212 – Freud’s Diary & the Onyx Ring!
A new patch has been released to the real server, but it is again just events. Don’t worry though, this one is actually very cool and super interesting! It’s honestly a great event and I hope there’s going to more like it in the future.
In addition, another MapleStory 2 teaser has been released, this time with the first BGM of the game!
The event that has begun is called Freud’s Diary – the Onyx Ring, and it runs until April 23. It details Freud’s adventures after the Black Mage was sealed away and he was left alone uncursed. This event is both story-related and it gives a great item!
It starts with you finding an old soldier named Anello being attacked by the Dark Warrior Mokadin (one of the Elite Bosses). After you save him, he gives you a few items.
- Onyx Ring “Encounter” – 1 all stats, 10 HP and MP, 20 defense and magic defense (summons the Element Onyx, the little ball of light near the character)
- Damage Skin Storage Scroll – allows you to store one Damage Skin inside it while you are using another, you can switch them out at any time (scroll expires in 90 days)
- Freud’s Diary
The Onyx Ring is the basis of this event, as you bond with it, it evolves and gets better stats. But along the way, Freud’s words come to you in the form of his diary, and they’re actually really sad…
We fought together to save the world,
It wasn’t perfect but we were able to achieve our goal.
As a result, my friends received a curse.
A friend shielded me and thus I am still here, alone.
One day you will return, my friends,
Aran, Mercedes, Phantom, Luminous,
People will not forget you,
I will leave a part of my memory here.
One day, these memories will remind others of you.
This is the first part, after getting the “Encounter” ring.
You can begin to upgrade the ring right away. The 1st Growth is available from March 27 to April 23, but the 2nd Growth can only be unlocked after April 3.
In order to upgrade to the Onyx Ring “Share”, you must defeat 999 monsters for Anello. It gives 2 all stats, 20 HP and MP, and 10% chance to inflict a status condition.
After doing so, you’ll be able to choose an element for your ring. Each element gives a chance to inflict a different status condition, and at the 2nd growth, they will give different stats.
- Fire: chance to inflict Slow (2nd Growth – maximum critical damage increase)
- Lightning: chance to inflict Stun (2nd growth – critical chance increase)
- Ice: chance to inflict Freeze (2nd growth – minimum critical damage increase)
- Earth: chance to inflict Blind (2nd growth – resistance to statuses and elements)
- Poison: chance to inflict Poison (2nd growth – defense ignore increase)
- Light: chance to inflict Seal (2nd growth – boss damage increase)
Choosing your element can only be done once and cannot be changed. The colour of the Onyx which is summoned when you wear the ring will change based on the element.
The situation is not going as well as you’d think.
The Black Mage was sealed, but evil is still running rampant accross the continent.
Most people have left, in search of a new continent to call home.
Some people could not leave, without suffering.
Do you know what I can do for the remaining people?
My strength and time are too limited.
There is not much I can do for the ones who are alone…
My friend who always gave me strength when I was down.
It was all thanks to Afrien that I was able to fight the Black Mage along with my friends.
Afrien I wish you were here…
I have decided.
I will travel and help those in need.
And maybe someday, someone else who loves Maple World like me
Can have another Afrien within this ring,
Which I leave with some of my own strength.
Here’s the second entry of Freud’s diary, unlocked after the 1st growth.
You can upgrade your “Share” ring to the Onyx Ring “Growth” after April 3 by defeating 1 Normal Zakum. Now, the ring will gain the specific stat I mentioned above, 10% to be exact (e.g. 10% critical chance increase, 10% boss damage, etc). These rings are like Dojo gloves in that their stats are given through ‘Special Potential’ and cannot be cubed.
The “Growth” Ring gives 3 all stats, 30 HP and MP, 1 attack and magic attack, with 20% chance to inflict the status. It gains 10 slots and the ability to level up (to a max of level 5). After levelling up fully, the ring will give an extra 7 all stats, 70 HP/MP, and 4 attack/magic attack.
The Onyx will reach its final form, a fairy. This effect will not appear if you have another item such as the Angelic Blessing equipped.
I don’t have the diary entry from this part yet (because I can’t upgrade it) but I can add it if you guys are interested.
There are also a bunch of side quests you can do while this event is going on. The first is Befriending the Onyx Ring, which requires you to hold an item for 30 minutes. After completing this, you can choose one of three buffs: one that gives 1.5x experience, one that gives 30 attack, or one that gives 30 magic attack, all lasting 30 minutes.
You can do this up to 4 times per day.
There’s also the Onyx Ring Training, from Anello. Each day, he will give you the choice of one of 5 different options to train your Onyx Ring.
- Defeat 300 monsters around your level
- Clear Monster Park 3 times
- Complete [Befriending the Onyx Ring] one time
- Defeat Easy Zakum
- Get 100+ Combo Kill
Completing it will give you the choice of a certain prize depending on the week.
1st~2nd Week (March 27 – April 9)
- Mastery Book 20
- Mastery Book 30
- Eternal Flame of Reincarnation (can only be chosen as a prize once per week)
3rd Week (April 10 – April 16)
- Onyx Stone of XXX (a 100% scroll for the Onyx Ring “Growth” which gives 8 STR/DEX/INT/LUK/400 HP/4 all stats)
4th Week (April 17 – April 23)
- Onyx Stone of Attack (100% scroll for the Onyx Ring “Growth” which gives 1 attack)
- Onyx Stone of Magic Attack (100% scroll for the Onyx Ring “Growth” which gives 1 magic attack)
Anello also has weekly goals for you to meet, and if you do, he’ll give you prizes!
- Week 1 (March 27 – April 23): get the Onyx Ring “Share”
- Sweet Damage Skin
- Week 2 (April 3 – April 23): get the Onyx Ring “Encounter”
- Impactive Damage Skin
- Week 3 (April 10 – April 23): defeat Normal Hilla
- Keyboard Warrior Damage Skin
- 8 Slot Title Bag
- 8 Slot Chair Bag
- Miracle Circulator
- Week 4 (April 17 – April 23): defeat Black Warrior Mokadin and Assault-bot CQ57 (Elite Bosses)
- Reminescence Damage Skin
- Black Cube
Another fun little event that is related is called the Who Am I? event, and it runs until April 9. Basically, on the homepage, you can access this cute minigame where each day, you have 10 seconds to enter the name of the NPC shown, for 10 NPCs in total. You can ask for a hint and it will give you the consonants (or like… the Korean equivalent I guess) of their name.
After all 10 NPCs have been shown, it will count up your right answers and give you 50 Mileage for each correct one! That’s 500 per day if you get them all right, 7000 for the whole event haha.
Also, if you get 100 correct in total or more, you’ll receive a free Rainbow Nametag Ring and Rainbow Chat Ring.
Also, the Experience Coupon Great Giveaway!! event has begun and will run until April 20. Every Saturday and Sunday during this event, you’ll receive 6 free 30 minute 2x Experience Coupons!
In the Cash Shop, the April Royal Hairs and the Trendy Royal Faces of this month have been released.
Finally, for MapleStory 2, they have released the Sweet Breeze BGM, which is stated to be for Henesys! There’s also a cute animation of a slime~ Thanks to x3TheAran59 for the video.