For the first time in 10 years of MapleStory, the level cap will be increased on January 31, to level 250! This applies to all characters, except for the Knights of Cygnus who have not yet been reorganized (although once they are, they will also be able to reach 250).
The message also states that high levelled content will be coming soon! I’m excited about both of these things, it’s going to be interesting to see what they add! Maybe even 5th job? Although I’m really sad, I just hit level 199 and in one week the level cap will be raised to 250… lame.
The meso cap has also been increased, to 9,999,999,999 mesos. This will apply to your inventory, storage, trades between characters, private and hired shops, Fredrick, and the Owl of Minerva.
The creation for Knights of Cygnus has been renewed! You can now choose between male and female, each with their own unique hair (which you can choose any colour for, like Phantom). They also renewed the beginner outfit.
There were also a few changes to Striker.
- Cygnus Bless: description now states the effect will be reduced when used as a Link Skill instead of having reduced effects when using more than one (when linked to another character, they will receive 2%/5% resistance to states and elements.
- Annihilate: description now states the maximum number of hits is 7
- Electric Charge: additional attacks’ damage has been reduced from 45% to 40%
The Chaos versions of the Seal Guardian bosses in Root Abyss have been released~ To be able to fight them, you must be over level 180 and have beaten the regular bosses 10 times. Chaos Pierre has 63 billion HP, Von Bon has 84 billion, Bloody Queen has 105 billion, and Vellum has 126 billion HP.
If you complete all the quests in Root Abyss, a new hunting ground for levels 180 and over will be available to you. You can access it by going to where Alicia used to be in the Colossal Root map.
The level 150 Root Abyss set has been added into the data! Although I think it’s incomplete because some images are missing (mage hat, various weapons) and some are duplicates (warrior and bowman top).
The naming scheme is as follows. Class can be replaced with Warrior for warriors, Ranger for bowmen, Dunwitch for mages, Assassin for thieves, and Wanderer for pirates.
- Hats are called Highness (class) [40 main stat and sub stat, 2 attack and magic attack, 11 slots]
- Tops are called Eagle Eye (class) [30 main stat and sub stat, 2 attack and magic attack, 5% defense ignore, 7 slots]
- Bottoms are called Trickster (class) [30 main stat and sub stat, 2 attack and magic attack, 5% defense ignore, 7 slots]
- Weapons are called Fafnir (class) [10% defense ignore, 8 slots]
As you can see, the level 150 set consist only of 4 items, hats, tops, bottoms, and weapons. I guess it’s so it doesn’t overlap with the Tyrant set? And yeah, equipment with base ignore defense, haha. If you wish to see the weapon stats and pictures, you can check here.
The set effects are 30 of your main stat, 1500 HP and MP for 3 equips and 20 attack/magic attack and 40% boss damage for 4 equips.