kMSt ver. 1.2.476 – Anniversary Events and New Areas!
A Tespia patch including the 10th anniversary events, some Soul Master skill changes, as well as two new (well actually one, the other isn’t exactly new) areas! There were also some changes that will make high levels happy, so read on!
Oh yeah, we now know the date of the update as well as another date that might interest you!
On April 25, the 10th anniversary events will begin as well as the release of the updated Soul Master.
What’s more interesting however, is that it says on May 19, MapleStory’s new history will begin!! More information will be released soon apparently… I wonder what it could be, I’m excited!
This poster was released on the GM Blog on the homepage, it says:
With MapleStory’s 10th anniversary,
they begin to move…
So weird… and sort of creepy haha.
Chaos Root Abyss bosses’ clear system has been changed. They now reset every Thursday instead of daily, and if you exhaust your Death Count but your remaining party kills them, it will count as a clear for you.
The experience penalty when fighting monsters below your level has been removed! Finally, high levels can train! However, fighting monsters 20 levels or more above you will still result in a penalty.
An Easy Mode has been added for Zakum! You can talk to the third job advancers in El Nath to fight the Weakened Zakum, who will drop some of the rewards that regular Zakum drops. You can fight him two times per day.
Zakum’s Helmet has also lost its ‘unique item’ tag, you can now hold more than one at a time.
The experience for Evolving System monsters has been increased! Yay, maybe they realized the exp nerfs from a couple of patches back was too severe.
A new level 130 hunting area, called Faded Citadel has been added! For most of you, it should be familiar, it uses the monsters from Crimsonwood Keep! You can access it through Sharp Cliffs 4 in El Nath. This area is definitely not done, there are no quests and some monsters are missing that were added in the data (Typhoons, Bigfoot).
I’ll list the maps as well as the monsters in them (if I have already named them, I won’t the next time they appear).
- Quiet Corridor 2 (Meso Pouch > Spiteful Rascal)
- Quiet Corridor 3 (Soul Marauder)
- Cellar 1 (Tracker, Storm Guardian)
- Cellar 2 (Faded Keeper)
- Cellar 3 (Elite Faded Keeper)
- Wall Passage 1 (Fire Witch > Evil Fire Spirit)
- Wall Passage 2 (Red Guardian, Blue Guardian)
It also includes three party play maps, featuring the Crimsonwood Keep party quest bosses (which are free spawning regular monsters here).
A new level 150 theme dungeon, Colussus the Giant, has been added and can be accessed from Forest’s Crossroad in Leafre.
Here are the monsters you’ll find in Colossus. The last is Tarantulus, the boss! Look at the mark on its forehead, doesn’t it look familiar? I think this place has a lot to do with Damian and the Black Mage, there was even a Guwaru NPC added, and don’t some of these mobs seem very Guwaru-esque?
A new NPC called Balalio has been added that lets you use the Carpenter’s Soul skill to scroll items for free.
The Cash Shop has been renewed! Finally, we had that 800×600 one for so long, I think this one looks great~ Patch notes say you can create your own customized packages, but I’m not sure how that works.
Thanks to Spadow for the screenshot!
Soul Masters have had some skill changes, they’re actually almost all nerfs surprisingly.
- Elemental Expert (beginner): elemental property reduction is halved on Soul Master (50% instead of 100%)
- Triple Slash (1st): damage has been decreased from 110% to 90%
- Silent Move (2nd): damage has been decreased from 245% to 170%
- Loud Rush (2nd): damage has been decreased from 245% to 170%
- Trace Cut (2nd): damage has been decreased from 170% to 130%
- Shadow Burn (2nd): damage has been decreased from 170% to 130%
- Sword Mastery (2nd): existing skill Two-Handed Sword Mastery has been changed to this
- Moon Shadow (3rd): damage has been decreased from 265% to 215%
- Light Flux (3rd): damage has been decreased from 350% to 320%
- Moon Cross (3rd): damage has been decreased from 205% to 155%
- Sun Cross (3rd): damage has been decreased from 350% to 290%
- True Sight (3rd): monster’s defense and elemental resistance reduction has been decreased from 20% to 10%
- Dance of Moon (4th): damage has been decreased from 600% to 360%, number of hits has been decreased from 4 to 3, attacking speed has been increased
- Speeding Sunset (4th): damage has been decreased from 600% to 360%, number of hits has been decreased from 4 to 3, attacking speed has been increased
- Crescent Divide (4th): damage has been decreased from 395% to 295%
- Solar Pierce (4th): damage has been decreased from 395% to 295%
- Sword Expert (4th): existing skill Two-Handed Sword Expert has been changed to this
- Unforeseeable (4th): amount of monster’s defense ignored has been decreased from 50% to 30%
Let’s talk about the anniversary now! There are many events and I will be going over all of them, however some events I have not done yet so there won’t be pictures. First of all, when you log in, you will receive a Maple N Year title, N being the amount of years your account has existed.
You can get it ‘signed’ by your friends to collect Friend Points, which you can trade in for prizes.
In towns, the Admin Balloon may spawn, and you can defeat it to receive the Operator’s Letter as well as 10th Anniversary Gift Boxes.
10th anniversary achievements have been added! Participate in events and complete them in order to get a medal and a title!
There is also a 10th anniversary attendance check, where you must kill 200 monsters per day. As you can see, you will get stuff like 10th Anniversary Coins, Special Potential Scroll, 2 Star Enhancement Scroll, 50% Gold Hammer, and finally the 50% Unique Potential scroll!
My absolute favourite of these events is the Let’s Go! Mesorangers! event, it’s actually so fun. You can get invited every 15 minutes where you will be grouped with other people to fight against an evil robot. However, to fight it, you must play a rhythm game, sort of like Dance Dance Revolution on a keyboard, haha.
You can choose your difficulty, but at first you can only access Easy. As you play and get good grades, you can unlock the others.
There is something called Survival! Maple Marble! which I assume is another minigame like Let’s Go! Mesorangers! but I haven’t been able to do it yet so I don’t know what it is.
The Maple Tree event sends invitations from 4pm to 8pm, inviting you to Maple Park, where you will receive a special buff. You can also wait 5 more minutes to get a special gift.
Cassandra will also ask you to collect Maple Tree Seeds from monsters, and she will give you Maple Leaves in return! You can do this a maximum of 5 times per day, and each consecutive time, you will receive more leaves than before~
The 10th Anniversary Shop has opened! You can spend your 10th Anniversary Coins there to buy a variety of items, including the 10th anniversary set!
Speaking of which, this year there are two anniversary sets which consist of a hat, face accessory, overall, cape, pendant, belt, and weapon. Big thanks to 기획팀 of Maple Inven for the pictures of all these items! For reference, 공격력 is attack, 마력 is magic attack, and the last line on each item is the number of slots.
One is the 10th Anniversary White set for level 10, it has the following set effects (note: the face accessory is not included in the set):
- 4 set effect: 300 HP and MP, 5 attack and magic attack, 200 accuracy and avoid
- 6 set effect: 10 all stats, 10 attack and magic attack
You can see the weapons here.
The 10th Anniversary Black set is for level 110, and has the same components. This one has the following set effects:
- 4 set effect: 500 HP and MP, 7 attack and magic attack, 300 accuracy and avoid
- 6 set effect: 12 all stats, 12 attack and magic attack
You can see the weapons here.