Advertisements
Home > KMST > kMSt ver. 1.2.497 – Enhancement System Changes!

kMSt ver. 1.2.497 – Enhancement System Changes!

Maple World Map

A Tespia patch has been released, with a couple of changes (The Seed is now on the world map~). A new equipment enhancing system has been added! I actually like it a lot, it makes it much easier to get some stars on your equipment haha.

They noted this system will only leave the test server after sufficient testing has been done, many changes may be applied before it comes to the real server.

Enchanting Equipment

First of all, you now use mesos to enhance your equipment. The cost will be based on both the item’s levels and the number of stars it has. Now, when you pass an Equipment Enhancement, your item’s number of stars will be raised by one, but if you fail, it will be lowered by one.

Failing and Passing an Enhancement

The maximum number of stars for regular equipment has been raised from 15 to 25.  The 16th or higher stars will give better stats than those before it. The 1st~3rd stars will not decrease the number of stars if failed, and the 1st~11th stars will not destroy your equipment if failed.

You can still use your (Advanced) Enhancement Scrolls up to the 15th star (which will work in the old way, failure = destruction), but if you want any more than that you’ll have to use the new system. If your item was scrolled with Miraculous Enhancement Scrolls, they will be ineligible for the new system and cannot go past 15 stars.

Superior equipment will still have a max of 15 stars but the 1st~8th stars will not destroy the item if failed.

Enhancement Chances

The UI will show you the chance to pass, chance to fail, and chance to break (if there is one). It will also show you the stats of the item if the enhancement is a success.

  • 0 -> 1 star: 90% chance to pass, 10% chance to fail
  • 1 -> 2 stars: 80% chance to pass, 20% chance to fail
  •  2 -> 3 stars: 75% chance to pass, 25% chance to fail
  • 3 -> 4 stars: 70% chance to pass, 30% chance to fail
  • 4 -> 5 stars: 65% chance to pass, 35% chance to fail
  • 5 -> 6 stars: 60% chance to pass, 40% chance to fail
  • 6 -> 7 stars: 55% chance to pass, 45% chance to fail
  • 7 -> 8 stars: 50% chance to pass, 50% chance to fail
  • 8 -> 9 stars: 45% chance to pass, 55% chance to fail
  • 9 -> 10 stars: 40% chance to pass, 60% chance to fail
  • 10 -> 11 stars: 35% chance to pass, 65% chance to fail
  • 11 -> 12 stars: 30% chance to pass, 70% chance to fail
  • 12 -> 13 stars: 30% chance to pass, 69.3% chance to fail, 0.7% chance to break

No one has posted any numbers past that, so I don’t know how the ‘chance to break’ increases.

Using Scroll Traces

If your equipment is destroyed after failing an Enhancement, you will receive Scroll Traces.

Pipsqueak EunWol Pipsqueak Lang Pipsqueak Lania

EunWol, Lang, and Lania have been added as monsters in Monster Life!

Toto Pet

A new Toto pet has been added! It’s so cute~

Demon Pet

Something new called an Action Pet has been added! You can buy the Demon pet in the Cash Shop. It will transform and evolve with you as you hunt monsters around your level!

Demon Lux (Light) Pet Demon Tempus (Time) Pet Demon Vita (Life) Pet

When you have hunted enough monsters, it will transform! There are three different kinds, each with a different property. There’s Lux (Light), Tempus (Time), and Vita (Life). Interesting that they’re the same as the three Transcendents haha.

The pets by themselves will give some attack buffs, but when they transform, they’ll give one of two extra buffs! I can’t actually find them in the data… but each kind has different ones.

Devil Pet Devil Lux (Light) Pet Devil Tempus (Time) Pet Devil Vita (Life) Pet

If you can make your Demon pet reach level 30, you can use an Accelerator to evolve it into a Devil pet! It comes with new transformed forms, and the buffs they give will be strengthened.

Advertisements
Categories: KMST Tags: , ,
  1. test
    January 21, 2014 at 9:26 pm

    first

    • ratchethoe
      January 21, 2014 at 10:26 pm

      2nd?

      • Anonymous
        January 22, 2014 at 4:08 am

        combo breaker

        • Itay I beat you
          January 22, 2014 at 5:15 am

          you mean dek?

        • Spadow
          January 28, 2014 at 11:01 pm

          shut the fuck up you faggot ass little bitch

    • #yoloswag
      January 21, 2014 at 10:52 pm

      cheated to third niggas

    • Anonymous
      February 7, 2014 at 9:45 pm

      hi

  2. anonymoose
    January 21, 2014 at 9:30 pm

    FIRST???

  3. maderp
    January 21, 2014 at 9:30 pm

    first?

  4. Javi
    January 21, 2014 at 9:32 pm

    Max what’s a scroll trace? And what does it do?

  5. ben
    January 21, 2014 at 9:38 pm

    this is gonna be so good and so bad lol. 15 starred items won’t be as great anymore and since gms doesnt have mee’s doesnt affect us as much. although those chances for superior items will be great. just use the first 1-8th for free or idk how much the meso costs and use ee’s with protections scrolls for the rest.

  6. Anonymous
    January 21, 2014 at 9:40 pm

    max soo you no longer even need the scrolls to start the process of enhancement, it’s just purely mesos you need?

    • Max
      January 21, 2014 at 10:37 pm

      Yep.

    • ShnorbleDoo
      January 22, 2014 at 8:47 am

      but you still CAN use enhancement scrolls if your prefer.

  7. Anonymous
    January 21, 2014 at 11:58 pm

    do you know if AEE’s and EE’s will still be obtainable after this patch is implemented? Also, is there any type of scroll to counteract the star deduction when failed? Like how protection scrolls prevent the item from blowing up when it fails.

  8. Anonymous
    January 22, 2014 at 12:00 am

    25 stars…things becoming like hacked items!

    • ShnorbleDoo
      January 22, 2014 at 8:49 am

      lol have you seen the new mage staff that you can get from the seed!? 500 mag att… They are flat out releasing hacked items!

      • Dark Evan
        January 26, 2014 at 5:03 pm

        Have you seen the OLD 2h sword you can get from Magnus Hard Mode? The Liberated Kaiserium has equivalent stats, and shares a NUMBER of other similarities (200 all stats and 1 slot, in addition to the redic atk, a “corrupted” version that is unpottable with only 50all and significantly less atk)

  9. Anonymous
    January 22, 2014 at 12:21 am

    Can previously enhanced items have negative stats after failing an enhancement?

    • Max
      January 24, 2014 at 7:25 pm

      I would assume so

      • Dark Evan
        January 26, 2014 at 5:10 pm

        oh thank GOD! I’ve been waiting ALL this time to get the Magician and Theif Stacks, PLUS I have an old nw.

  10. Anonymous
    January 22, 2014 at 2:22 am

    I love the new demon pets, they look hella cool.

  11. ss
    January 22, 2014 at 4:39 am

    devil class when?

    • Dark Evan
      January 26, 2014 at 5:09 pm

      Hate to break it to you, but those EPIC designs are not for a new class, but for new pets. Meaning you’ll have to spend real $$ if you want to experience their sheer awesomeness FIRSTHAND ❤ The first REAL asthetic advantage the nx spending playerbase has gotten in a LONG time! Screw you Surprise Style Boxes! You can't stop the nx spenders from looking more epic than the free to players!

  12. Anonymous
    January 22, 2014 at 6:35 pm

    MAplestory is waste.

  13. Anonymous
    January 22, 2014 at 10:26 pm

    Max, there’s still no news about the revamp of night walker and blaze wizard? 😦

    • Max
      January 24, 2014 at 7:26 pm

      Nope 😛 I heard it is coming this year though!

      • Anonymous
        January 27, 2014 at 11:07 pm

        Thanks! That’ll be 2 years later for me then.. (I’m playing in mapleSEA)

  14. TimeFromSEA
    January 23, 2014 at 1:39 am

    The pet is really cute =D

  15. Anonymous
    January 23, 2014 at 10:15 am

    Hey Max do you know what the island on the top of ereve is?

  16. January 24, 2014 at 8:27 am

    Max, are you aware of whethor or not KMS and the other servers will be getting Chase the Beast Tamer that GMS has now?

    • Max
      January 24, 2014 at 7:26 pm

      Probably not, we don’t have any Dawnveil stuff (other than Crimsonwood Castle). :<

      • Dark Evan
        January 26, 2014 at 5:17 pm

        Which is found in el nath on KMS’s maps, right?
        Crimsonwood Castle, I mean. ofc, either tynerum was planned for by gms for a LONG time, or masteria really IS supposed to be south of leafre (Since Demon Slayer’s house was in southern leafre, and Tynerum, AKA Masteria, is found SOUTH of leafre in the versions with the Dawnveil content. I mean, COME ON, that CAN’T be a coincidence)

  17. Shanessa
    January 24, 2014 at 6:15 pm

    oh word

  18. Anonymous
    January 24, 2014 at 9:06 pm

    How much does it cost to enchant 140lv item? =) better not be over 500k… 50k is fair LOL

    • Max
      January 24, 2014 at 10:13 pm

      1st star is like 100k, 10th star is 300k.

    • Dark Evan
      January 26, 2014 at 5:13 pm

      how is 500 k not fair? If it’s something you can just keep doing until you run out of stars, than it shouldn’t be something you can AFFORD to be doing until then, at least, not EASILY. You can’t expect it to be 100% SPOON FED!

      • Anonymous
        January 27, 2014 at 6:01 pm

        Geez. Not everyone have 10k bucks or are Nolife merchants.

  19. Maple Fails
    January 26, 2014 at 11:54 pm

    great more ways for you lifeless losers to further BEASTIFY your ALREADY BEAST OUT equips,
    more reason to rage quit this shithole game called Maplestory.
    Sorry but people obsessing over BEAST EQUIPS = BEAST DAMAGE ruins this game.

    No sense of community at all, anymore
    its all about “me trying to out damage EVERYBODY mentality.”

    • Anonymous
      January 27, 2014 at 3:32 am

      Isn’t that a bit harsh?… I mean isn’t it…
      You’re being…

      ….
      yeaaaaah… it’s not… I can’t really find any fault in that :/
      Maplestory has always been a shitty e-peen measuring contest for who could spend the most money and waste enough of their life to get strong enough to actually play half through half the content. -.-;;
      Even “cooperative” content… just winds up with the strong carrying the weak, and eventually those who can’t keep up are just treated as second-class players and kicked to the curb.

    • Preggers
      January 28, 2014 at 5:07 am

      (tap on the shoulder)

      Just like your ancestors, Demonstration to anyone was futile, son.

  20. tae young Kim
    January 28, 2014 at 7:22 am

    Events had been added, too.

  21. February 2, 2014 at 8:37 am

    Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea

  1. February 12, 2014 at 10:17 pm
  2. February 12, 2014 at 10:55 pm
  3. May 8, 2014 at 10:59 pm
  4. May 8, 2014 at 11:48 pm
  5. May 10, 2014 at 10:05 am
  6. May 10, 2014 at 11:30 am
  7. May 11, 2014 at 10:40 pm
  8. May 19, 2014 at 10:32 am
  9. May 22, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: