Advertisements
Home > KMS, KMST > kMSt ver. 1.2.498 – Potential Inheritance!

kMSt ver. 1.2.498 – Potential Inheritance!

February 12, 2014 Leave a comment Go to comments

Khaini Plana Stius Windia Galicia Medere Culverin Fleta Meriel Leona Aster

A small Tespia patch has been released, with a couple new things in terms of potential and enhancements! I actually really like this one, very forgiving.

Unrelated to Tespia, ever since the World Leap event took place, my world has been absolutely dead! But at the end of this month, Khaini, Plana, Stius, Windia, Galicia/Medere/Culverin/Fleta, and Meriel/Leona/Aster will all be merged into one world called Luna.

Failing and Passing an Enhancement

If you haven’t already, read this post for more information about the new enhancement system. For enhancements, the success rate of the first 11 stars has been increased. Also, HP has been removed as an additional stat when you pass an enhancement.

Oh yeah someone posted higher star success rates.

Regular Equipment

  • 0 -> 1 star: 90% chance to pass, 10% chance to fail
  • 1 -> 2 stars: 85% chance to pass, 15% chance to fail
  • 2 -> 3 stars: 80% chance to pass, 20% chance to fail
  • 3 -> 4 stars: 75% chance to pass, 25% chance to fail
  • 4 -> 5 stars: 70% chance to pass, 30% chance to fail
  • 5 -> 6 stars: 65% chance to pass, 35% chance to fail
  • 6 -> 7 stars: 60% chance to pass, 40% chance to fail
  • 7 -> 8 stars: 55% chance to pass, 45% chance to fail
  • 8 -> 9 stars: 50% chance to pass, 50% chance to fail
  • 9 -> 10 stars: 45% chance to pass, 55% chance to fail
  • 10 -> 11 stars: 40% chance to pass, 60% chance to fail
  • 11 -> 12 stars: 35% chance to pass, 65% chance to fail
  • 12 -> 13 stars: 30% chance to pass, 69.3% chance to fail, 0.7% chance to break
  • 13 -> 14 stars: 25% chance to pass, 73.5% chance to fail, 1.5% chance to break

Superior Equipment (NOTE: these are from before this patch, I haven’t found updated Superior success rates)

  • 0 -> 1 star: 60% chance to pass, 40% chance to fail
  • 1 -> 2 stars: 55% chance to pass, 45% chance to fail
  • 2 -> 3 stars: 50% chance to pass, 50% chance to fail
  • 3 -> 4 stars: 45% chance to pass, 55% chance to fail
  • 4 -> 5 stars: 39% chance to pass, 61% chance to fail
  • 5 -> 6 stars: 33% chance to pass, 67% chance to fail
  • 6 -> 7 stars: 27% chance to pass, 73% chance to fail
  • 7 -> 8 stars: 21% chance to pass, 79% chance to fail

Dual Basis' Traces

The potential inheritance system has been added. This system uses new items called Equipment Traces. Now, when an equipment is destroyed while being scrolled or enhanced, you will receive Equipment Traces which hold all potential/additional potential related information of the destroyed equipment.

Dual Basis' Potential Inherited

By using the Equipment Traces on an identical piece of equipment, you can move over the potential/additional potential at a 100% rate.

You cannot trade Equipment Traces to other users. If an item has unidentified potential/additional potential when it is destroyed, you will not receive Equipment Traces.

Advertisements
Categories: KMS, KMST
  1. February 12, 2014 at 10:18 pm

    no

    • Anonymous
      February 12, 2014 at 10:26 pm

      Max, you are the greatest

  2. Javi
    February 12, 2014 at 10:22 pm

    Well this is basically an improvement of the other KMSt patch? Very interesting and it looks like enhancing is getting easier and more forgiving the more patches being released to tespia

  3. kappa
    February 12, 2014 at 10:23 pm

    wow lols

  4. Anonymous
    February 12, 2014 at 10:24 pm

    looks cool

  5. Anonymous
    February 12, 2014 at 10:44 pm

    They should just merge all the worlds that have no players into one world. If you add it all up,, at least it should have around the same as the most populated world. This will keep the game running with less processing from the company itself.

    As for GMS right now. they should mix some worlds to scania, and the other worlds to Bera. may be more populated but at least there would be more players to play with promoting more ‘party gameplay.

    • Anonymous
      February 12, 2014 at 11:47 pm

      They have to mix some worlds to bera becouse the FM is empty already like 3months

  6. Knite
    February 13, 2014 at 12:10 am

    Question: If an item already has potential and bonus potential, will both be overwritten or will you get to pick which gets transferred over.

  7. zBombed
    February 13, 2014 at 1:12 am

    nice, real nice.

  8. Anonymous
    February 13, 2014 at 12:42 pm

    thank you god been waiting for a khaini/windia merge

    • blue
      February 15, 2014 at 7:47 pm

      wold merges dont come over to GMS

  9. Hiro
    February 13, 2014 at 5:47 pm

    lol

  10. Anonymous
    February 13, 2014 at 8:05 pm

    What happened to the Aran + resistance revamp? 😦

  11. John
    February 13, 2014 at 8:05 pm

    What happened to the Resistance revamp? 😦

  12. Bob
    February 14, 2014 at 9:19 am

    Lol what about us in renegades. We are probably the deadest server. Our fm rooms barely reach to the fifth room.

  13. Jiwon Kim
    February 14, 2014 at 10:08 am

    녕하세요 어디다 글을 써서 전해드려야 할지 모르겠어서 가장 최근 게시물에 답글을 남깁니다.
    일단 저는 한국나이로 18살인 고등학생입니다. 궁금한 게 있어서 글 씁니다.
    제가 요즘 갑자기 MS 스토리라인에 관심이 생겨서 이것저것 찾아보다가
    얼마전에 이 블로그 게시물 중에서 maplestory characters relationship이라는 글을 보게됐는데요
    그 글이 꽤 예전의 글이라 요즘 업데이트된 스토리라인상의 관계들과 부합하는지, 달라진 점은 없는지
    의문이 생겼습니다. 인소야에서 구할 수 있는 최신의 인물관계도는 없는지, 구해주실 수 있는지, 아니면 링크를 걸어주실 수는 있는지, 그것도 안되면 달라진 점이 있는지 여부라도 알려주시면 감사하겠습니다!
    kMS 유저분이라서 한국말로 했는데 혹시 아닐수도 있어서 영어로 한번더 전해드리겠습니다..
    Hi, I can’t find where to write my story, so I write here, the most lately notice.
    I’m 18-year-old high school student in Korean age. I have something to ask to you.
    While browsing about MS’s storyline, I found one of the stuff in this blog, an image explaining the ‘maplestory cjaracters relationship.’ The image was quite an old stuff,
    so I have a question about whether it fits in with recently updated storyline’s relationships,
    or somethin’s changed. I’ll be greatly thank you if you inform me whether there’s any latest
    relationship explanation (better if you could upload it or its link).
    You said you’re a kMS user so I wrote in Korean, but I write in English once again on the chance that you don’t know Korean. I beg you to understand a Korean’s poor English..

    • Jiwon Kim
      February 14, 2014 at 10:12 am

      Sorry.. latest→lately (sixth line)

    • Max
      February 14, 2014 at 12:04 pm

      I actually only translated that chart, I didn’t write it myself. It is definitely missing a lot now (Alice as the Transcendent of Life, more information about the Black Mage, EunWol, etc).

      I’m not sure if there’s an updated version, maybe you could try looking for the user ‘Polaris’s posts on Insoya or ‘Ligel’ on Maple Inven. If you do find one, let me know! I’d be super interested in translating 🙂

  14. Anonymous
    February 14, 2014 at 12:34 pm

    By identical do you mean the exact same item or in the same category? Sorry, just kind of confused about that.

    • Max
      February 14, 2014 at 6:15 pm

      It has to be the same exact item (e.g. you can’t use an Empress 1H Sword’s Traces on an Empress 2H Sword)

  15. February 17, 2014 at 3:14 am

    Those worlds being fused…I bet a same fate can happen in other maples,
    That potential system does look a bit more….hmm…I can’t find the words but I like that there are chances of fail instead of destroy

  16. Anonymous
    February 18, 2014 at 3:59 pm

    from a dead world to an overcrowded world in one easy step… /swt

  17. Anonymous
    March 27, 2014 at 1:50 am

    Hello Max, I’m not sure if you’ll receive notifications from comments, but I hope you’ll be able to read this.
    Regarding potential inheritance, while I know the equipment trace is not tradeable itself, is it possible to trade the new item after re-tracing it? For example, if I have an untradeable (already binded) Sweetwater Glasses with xx% stat, can I purposefully blow it up, get the equipment trace, then get a new TRADEABLE sweetwater glasses {unbinded), trace the item back, and transfer the item to a different character or sell it to other people? Or will it work only on similar ‘untradeable’ only glasses.
    Thanks so much~!

  1. February 12, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: