MapleStory 2 – Final Test Applications & Patch Notes Special Issue #2!
Hey guys, exciting news! The MapleStory 2 team announced today that the Final Test will be taking place on May 1! I’m not sure what ‘final’ implies, since it is still a closed beta and they were planning on having an open beta in the future…
In addition, I missed a ton of posts including concept art, a new Adventurer’s choice, and patch notes.
The Final Test for MapleStory 2 will take place on May 1 and will last 10 days, ending on May 10. Applications will be open from April 15 to 26, and you can find out if you’re chosen on April 29!
Users who participated in the Alpha test or the first Closed Beta will not have to reapply.
30,000 new testers will be accepted, in addition to those chosen in previous testing phases.
Berserker, Heavy Gunner, and Thief will be available for users to play! In addition, new skills, guild battles, new party dungeons, and more than 25 kinds of Maids have been added!
Unlike the previous testing phase, the Final Test will be open 24 hours a day!
The Wizard class went through many different looks during development. Here’s some of the original concept art!
This is what they first looked like! I actually like them a lot, the art style looks pretty Maple-y haha.
But the developers wanted it to be a bit more feminine, so back to the drawing board! And this was their second incarnation of the Wizard class. I think it looks a bit off, not sure why though.
And of course, that wasn’t the final design. They did even more changes and ended up with what we have seen before~
There was another Adventurer’s Choice, like the one with the hair styles or naming Heavy Gunner’s skill, where users were asked which of the above hats they wanted to be added into the game.
From gas stove, Saturn, pig-cat, bird, and poop, the pig-cat hat won in a landslide victory haha.
They also showed off two more new hats, the Scallion Hat and the Sheep Hat.
Let’s move on to the Patch Notes Special Issue #2, and don’t worry, they’re real this time!
The Priest class has been modified.
- A few attacking skills and healing skills were adjusted.
- Angel’s Wings has been modified to raise party members’ movement speed after you move forward instantaneously.
- A new skill called Prayer of Heaven has been added. Pray with an angel to heal nearby allies’ HP every second for a certain period of time. This skill can only be used while Heaven’s Guardian is summoned.
The Assassin class has been modified.
- When attacking from the shadows, you will now use different attacking skills based on the situation.
- A new skill called Darkness Tracker has been added. When you attack enemies, they will be marked, and if a Shadow Clone is used, they will be hit with an extra attack. This skill must be used in conjunction with the Clone: Dark Blader skill.
The housing system was changed slightly.
- House’s rooms have been made larger.
- You can now extend the contract of your house by 30 days before the contract expires.
The Interior magazine has begun being published.
- You can buy a copy of it at the Library or the Interior Shop.
Dreamnaisse, the company which introduced maids to Maple World, has unveiled their new male maid!
Did you think jeeps were the only type of transportation?
- F1 Machines have been added.
- You can now climb ropes and ladders while using a transportation vehicle.
- Riding items will now be stored in a separate tab in your inventory.
Many new skin items (like Cash equips) have been added, including the Lovely Lace Hat.
Now, you can brag to your friends about the cool trophies you have collected!
- By pressing the + button, you can see detailed information about your trophy progress.
- By pressing Shift and clicking on a trophy, you can link to it in the chat window.
- When you acquire a new trophy, your guild members will receive a message.
- Account trophies have been added (trophies that can be acquired for the entire account).
Where is this? Where should I go? The quest system has been updated to make it easier to complete them.
- You can now preview a quest’s rewards before completing it.
- For in progress quests, you can now click a button to show where you should go on the world map.
- Some quests were very difficult in comparison to others, so they have been adjusted to be more uniform in difficulty.
Help out your friends and break their gravestones to revive them!
- The effect of the cursed state when you revive has been decreased (so it takes more deaths to stack it up) but the duration of the debuff has been increased from 5 minutes to 10 minutes.
To help users understand how their stats are coming along, some changes have been made to the Character Info window.
- ‘Damage’ has been changed to ‘Attack’ (‘Magic Attack’ for magician classes).
- Damage was not your actual damage, so it is easier to check your attack to see if you are getting stronger.
Users have asked for this so the Title system has been added! Want to show off that you’re a Shop-a-holic or a Bungee Jump-holic?
- Titles will now appear beside your character name.
- By pressing the P key, you can choose which of your titles you would like to display.
- Titles are rewards when you acquire certain trophies.
Remember last time they gave us these silhouettes?
Well here’s the full image! The Fire Bulldog, Junior Bulldog, and Junior Boogie from MapleStory return!
Here’s a look at their in-game models.
They also showed off three other monsters they talked about in the first patch notes, Rolling Pierro, Monte de Carlo, and Rare.