kMS ver. 1.2.233 – Creation 12: Conclusion!
The third (fourth?) part of the Creation 12 update has been released, featuring Freud’s Journal: Episode 2 – Onyx Pendant and the addition of Lang and Athena to the Star Planet minigame Fight! Return of the Legends. There are also some events which may interest you!
In addition, a third character will be added on April 30, but it’s being kept secret for now and Nexon released a teaser for something called The MAY!
MAY, the look and feel of Maple World
MapleStory Exhibition: The MAY. Full
May 2, May 3
Han River, Banpo District: Islands Sevit
Ticket Reservation: April 16 (Interpark)
Although there’s no actual information about what it is, Nexon will be having an event at the Islands Sevit in Korea from May 2-3. Hopefully they’ll talk about the summer update?
First of all, a couple of changes were made to Fight! Return of the Legends in Star Planet. There is now a practice mode which you can enter alone to improve your skills on each character.
The Holodragon boss will now spawn 1 minute after the game starts instead of 7 minutes after, but it now has its own part of the map instead of the middle of the map.
A portal is available on each team’s side which takes them directly to the boss platform.
On the minimap, you will now be able to see each area’s recommended levels.
Two new Avatars have been added, Lang and Athena! A third Avatar will be added on April 30, and has yet to be revealed.
Lang is a spirit user of the Anima race from the Pointy Eared Fox Village.
- Scratch: Scratch enemies in front of you using the power of the fox spirit.
- Deals 100% damage on up to 3 enemies.
- Spirit Claw: Attack enemies with the fox spirit’s claw. If you kill an enemy with this attack, a Hologram will be summoned which can attack up to 5 times. There is a cooldown of 3 seconds.
- Deals 150% damage on up to 3 enemies.
- Fox Pass: Quickly jump on up to 5 enemies using the power of the fox spirit. There is a cooldown of 5 seconds.
- Deals 150% damage near the enemy you jump to, can be used up to 5 times.
- Summon: Spirit Barrier: Summon guardian spirits to protect you from enemies’ attacks. When a spirit is used up, your HP is healed. There is a cooldown of 17 seconds.
- Summon 3 guardian spirits for up to 10 seconds which nullify enemy attacks. Each time an attack is nullified, 1 spirit will disappear and you will heal 10% of your HP.
- Summon Tent: Gumihos: Summon 3 strong Fire Fox spirits by using 5 Hologram monsters.
- Summon 3 Fox spirits that deal 200% damage on 1 enemy. Attacking an enemy which has been hit by a Fox spirit will let you deal 100% extra damage.
Athena is Henesys’ archer instructor who can pierce the earth and the skies.
- Piercing Arrow: Shoot an arrow which pierces through enemies and marks them with Athena’s Mark.
- Deals 100% and 50% damage on up to 2 enemies respectively. Enemies marked with Athena’s Mark will take 10% increased damage from all of Athena’s attacks.
- Wind Spirit: Surround your body with an aura of wind, increasing your body’s abilities. There is a cooldown of 8 seconds.
- Your attack speed and movement speed are increased for 6 seconds.
- Step Shot: Immediately deal 200% damage around you, then create a fire floor which deals 20% damage for 6 seconds.
- Enemies will continue to take damage for 5 seconds, you are immune to statuses while casting this skill.
- Ice Arrow: Shoot 5 extremely cold ice arrows in front of you, slowing enemies hit.
- Each arrow deals 70% damage, enemies hit will be slowed for 2 seconds.
- Concentrated Fire: Athena unleashes a devastating storm of arrows in one direction.
- Deals 30% damage for 5 seconds, you are immune to statuses while casting this skill.
Freud’s Journal: Episode 2 – Onyx Pendant has begun! This is the second part of the story of Freud after the other four heroes were frozen in ice. I believe the story for this is about the Cornians of Leafre and a rogue dragon.
The event will run until April 29.
You start off the event by receiving the Onyx Pendant ‘Sealed’ (5 all stats, 10 HP and MP, 25 defense and magic defense) as well as Freud’s Journal and a Damage Skin Storage Scroll.
Similar to the Onyx Ring, you can upgrade your Pendant to the Onyx Pendant ‘Liberated’ (10 all stats, 50 HP and MP, 1 attack and magic attack, 50 defense and magic defense) by killing 999 monsters around your level. This is also when you choose what Special Potential you want your Pendant to have:
- 4 STR per 10 character levels
- 4 DEX per 10 character levels
- 4 INT per 10 character levels
- 4 LUK per 10 character levels
- 200 HP per 10 character levels
- 2 all stats per 10 character levels
You can then upgrade it to the Onyx Pendant ‘Awakened’ by defeating Easy Horntail. It gives 20 all stats, 150 HP and MP, 2 attack and magic attack, 150 defense and magic defense, and has 10 slots (and the same Special Potential).
Again, there are 5 daily training quests which you can do each week. They’re the same as the Onyx Ring (kill 300 monsters, clear Monster Park 3 times, complete the Time with the Pendant quest, defeat Easy Zakum, and get 100 Combo Kills).
The first week you do these quests, you’ll be able to get 1 50% Innocent Scroll and Scroll Traces the other four days.
The second and third weeks allow you to get Onyx Stones, which are used to scroll the Onyx Pendant. There are 6 types of Onyx Stones, and they either give 2 of the specified stat, 100 HP, or 1 all stats.
This means a fully scrolled Onyx Pendant will give 40 all stats, 150 HP and MP, 2 attack and magic attack, 150 defense and magic defense, and the Special Potential you chose beforehand. It’s definitely not as good as the Onyx Ring… I probably won’t even wear mine due to the Boss Accessory set!
The Time with the Pendant quest allows you to hold an item for 30 minutes to receive either a 30 minute 2x Experience boost, attack buff, or magic attack buff.
There are also 3 weekly challenges, given by Arnello. The first week’s challenge is to upgrade your Pendant to the ‘Liberated’ version, the second week’s challenge is to upgrade it to the ‘Awakened’ version, and the final week’s challenge is to defeat an Elite Boss.
- 1st Week: 14 Day Extra Pendant Slot Coupon
- 2nd Week: Monotone Damage Skin
- 3rd Week: Spring Breeze Damage Skin, Special Additional Potential Scroll
I recorded all of the cutscenes for anyone who is interested! I won’t be able to add translations at the moment, super busy with exams haha.
Next up is the Character Name Change event! Yep, this is a totally free event which allows you to change one of your character’s names. The event will take place over a couple of weeks, here’s the schedule:
- April 9 to April 12: 1st character (choose a character to receive the coupon)
- April 16 to April 19: 2nd character (choose another character to receive the coupon)
- April 20: Character Name Change Coupon expires at 11:59PM
- April 23: names will be changed after this day’s maintenance
So you can actually choose up to 2 characters!
To start, log on your character on one of the above periods. Accept the Character Name Change Coupon and when you’re ready, double click it.
The popup says that all community related content such as your buddy list and guilds may be reset. In addition, characters who have already changed their names before in the past cannot have their names changed again.
You will then be taken to the character selection screen, where you’ll see the Character Name Change button below all of your characters. Choose the one you would like to change and enter it, if it’s not taken, you can confirm the choice and on April 23, after the maintenance, your character’s name will be changed!
The last event for this patch is the Cash Item Half Off event, which runs from today until April 30. It’s actually a lot of events based on Mileage!
First of all, during the event period, you’ll be able to use Mileage to pay off 50% of the cost of Cash items instead of the regular 30%.
Secondly, the costs of the Mileage Shop items (Red Cube, Platinum Karma Scissors, Karma Scissors) have been reduced by 20%.
Users will be able to purchase a Character Slot Coupon for 6,900 Mileage during this event as well.
Next off, all users will receive 1,500 Mileage just for logging in on the homepage! And in addition, users who logged in for 5 days or more from March 1 to March 31 will receive an extra 2,500 Mileage!
When hunting monsters around your level, you can now collect Decent Mileage Bags which give a certain amount of Mileage when opened. Up to 10 of these can be opened each day per Maple ID.
From 4pm to 9pm in Henesys and Leafre, the Mileage Thief might spawn! Defeat it to get Mileage Thief’s Bags, which give a certain amount of Mileage when opened. Up to 6 of these can be opened each day per Maple ID.
Finally, a Mileage Know-How quest line has been added to teach users about the benefits of Mileage. For completing this small tutorial, you’ll get the Play, Collect, and Spend medal which gives 7 all stats, 300 HP and MP, and 3 attack and magic attack (stats expire in 90 days).