Hey guys, a new Test World patch has been released! Although it doesn’t contain a new area or updated jobs, there is a new type of player versus player content as well as many other changes which users have been wanting for a long time!
Test World will be open from now until December 18 (when this patch comes to the real server)!
I can’t believe it took them so long to do this but Horntail no longer has the one person per channel limit!
Now, after an Elite Boss is defeated and the Bonus Stage begins, if your character level is 40 levels or higher than the map’s monsters then you will not be able to participate. I guess people can’t just camp low-level areas for them anymore haha.
A new feature has been added that lets you skip animations, which lets you skip any videos which are played. You just need to press the ESC key when the video begins to play.
Finally, you can now edit the order of your characters in the character select screen! Press the Edit Character Location button and then you can use the UI’s arrow to move them around. I actually am in love with this feature 🙂
A new damage effect has been added, called the Blade effect. With this effect, there will only be one line of damage, and consecutive attacks will overlap on this line. This allows you to see monsters’ movements and effects without being covered up by the damage.
They have also added Mini versions of the Base, Cascading, and Blade damage effects for users who wish to have smaller damage text.
The Monster Park Shuttle has been removed from the Quick Move UI, and can now be accessed through the Dimensional Mirror.
The Meso Market has been reorganized. It has now been separated from the Auction House and can now be accessed by talking to Miss Brainy in any town or through Quick Move.
The new Meso Market UI lets you check the fees and actual amounts you will pay/receive before you complete the transaction. New Meso Market related items have been added that allow you to receive extra Mesos (or Maple Points) when used. Finally, the fee for using Meso Market has been changed from a flat 5% to an incremental system.
The Resistance classes (Battle Mage, Wild Hunter, Mechanic) now have a Link Skill! The previously added Spirit of Freedom has become a skill you can share with other characters.
At level 1, it gives 3 seconds of invincibility when you respawn, and at level 2 it gives 6 seconds.
Star Planet has been slightly updated. Shining Stars will now be chosen once every two weeks instead of every week, on Thursdays at midnight. Also, the upper limit for the number of Star Points you can receive has been increased.
Shining Stars can now also begin a new game called Shining Star Bingo once per week. Anyone can participate in this game. In addition, they can begin Burning Time events twice per two weeks. While this Burning Time is active (for the next 5 minutes), everyone will receive 20% extra Star Points and Mileage from Star Planet! Shining Stars will receive a new item called the Shining Star Weather Effect which gives everyone in the map a 20% EXP buff.
The number of Star Points and Mileage you get per mini game has been adjusted, based on the length and difficulty of the game. This may be adjusted further during this test period.
A new mini game called Fight! Return of the Legends has been added! Talk to Kwaming in the Star Arena and enter a virtual space to become a legend of Maple World and fight with others.
This game is 3 versus 3, you and two allies versus three enemies, and you cannot select the same characters as your allies. Each character has specific abilities which are unlocked as you level up, and there are also passive abilities which you can use by spending gold. Characters include:
- Dark Lord
- Grendel the Really Old
- Mu Gong
By hunting monsters and your opponents, you can collect money and level up to become even stronger! I’ll try to get a video of this soon!
You can spend your collected Gold to upgrade your passive skills. The costs from level 1 to 5 are: 540, 990, 1620, 2340, and 3300.
- Attack Boost (Q): 2%/5%/10%/15%/20% attack
- Max HP/MP Boost : 2%/7%/15%/20%/30% HP/MP
- Critical Chance Boost (E): 3%/6%/12%/18%/25% critical chance
- Attack Speed/Jump/Speed Boost (R): 1/2/3/4/5 stage attack speed/jump/speed
- HP/MP Regen Boost (T): 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% HP/MP regeneration rate
- Slash (Ctrl): Swing your sword in front of you, dealing 100% damage on up to 3 enemies.
- Triple Slash (Shift): Swing your sword in front of you three times, dealing 250% damage on up to 6 enemies.
- Ankle Sweep (Z): Swipe your sword at the enemies’ legs, dealing 200% damage to 1 enemy while reducing their movement speed.
- Sky Cut (X): Rush forwards, dealing 300% damage on up to 6 enemies.
- 기검체일치 (Space): Grip your sword with true power, momentarily increasing your attack, speed, jump, and HP regen greatly.
- Mace Attack (Ctrl): Strike down enemies with a heavy mace, dealing 100% damage on up to 3 enemies in front of you.
- Giant Maul (Shift): Instantaneously swing your giant maul twice, dealing 200% damage on the first blow and 400% damage on the second blow on up to 3 enemies.
- Mace Armor (Z): Cover your body with sharp metal, inflicting 20% damage every second to nearby enemies.
- Battle Shield (X): Summon a shimmering battle shield, which absorbs 30% of the damage you take and explodes after a period of time, dealing 200% damage while stunning enemies.
- Trumpet of Regeneration (Space): Summon a trumpet of regeneration with the pride and dignity of a guardian, which heals nearby allies and explodes after a certain period of time, dealing 500% damage to nearby enemies.
- Star Throw (Ctrl): Throw stars quickly, dealing 100% damage on 1 enemy in front of you.
- Venom: Apply a strong poison to your stars, adding the Poison status to Star Throw.
- Bat Grave (Z): Summon a grave of dark bats, dealing 200% damage on up to 3 nearby enemies and reducing their movement speed.
- Giant Shuriken (X): With the intent of a killing blow, throw a giant shuriken, dealing 400% damage on up to 3 enemies in front of you.
- Darkness Thunderbolt (Space): Summon the Dark Lord’s servants of darkness, dealing 200% damage on up to 6 enemies nearby and become invincible momentarily.
- Magic Claw (Ctrl): Create claws of magic energy and attack, dealing 100% damage to 1 enemy in front of you.
- Ice Needle (Shift): Create a sharp needle of ice energy and launch it at your enemies, dealing 300% damage on up to 6 enemies in front of you.
- Healing Orb (Z): Summon an orb of holy energy, which heals nearby allies.
- Ice Orb (X): Create a spiky orb of ice energy and launch it at your enemies, dealing 300% damage on up to 6 enemies around you.
- Death Meteor (Space): Summon a giant meteor from space, dealing 750%~1000% damage on up to 6 enemies in front of you.
- Power Strike (Ctrl): Using the power of your soul, deal 100% damage on up to 3 enemies in front of you.
- 만근퇴 (Shift): 발 뒷꿈치에 기를 불어녛어 만근에 달하는 무게로 적을 내려 찍는다, dealing 250% damage on up to 3 enemies in front of you.
- Whirlwind Leg (Z): Rotate your body at a high speed like the wind and kick enemies around you, dealing 130% damage on up to 3 enemies. While using this skill, you cannot be inflicted with a status effect.
- Half Moon Kick (X): Twist your body and do a kick shaped like a half moon, dealing 250% damage on 1 enemy in front of you.
- Panda Charge (Space): Summon other training pandas to battle with you, dealing 100%~150% damage on up to 6 enemies around you.
Also there were a ton of events in this patch but like always I won’t go over them for now. However, something I found really fun this year was that they finally brought back Happyville! kMS hasn’t been able to come here for a long time so the BGM was very nostalgic haha.
In addition, you can access old MapleStory maps through the new Happyville, and even fight the Crimson Balrog! There were a few other maps such as one from Omega Sector and one from Korean Folk Town as well.
This Happyville also lets you collect old MapleStory items such as Maple Hats, Snowboards, and even things like the Icarus Cape which has been unavailable for a while. I’m excited~