kMS ver. 1.2.243 – MapleStory Reboot: Destruction King Urus!
The fifth and final patch of the MapleStory Reboot update has been released! This one contains the new 18 person raid boss Urus, who is the first boss to use the new skeleton animation system.
They added a lot of new rewards that weren’t in the test server, and there were some changes to Ghost Park as well.
Destruction King Urus is a new boss which users can fight against after advancing to 4th job at level 100. Urus is the first boss to use the new skeleton animation system resulting in fluid movement and animations. He’s one of the largest bosses but you will experience a large performance improvement over previous bosses. Up to 18 people can challenge Urus and have fun working together to defeat him for mesos and rewards.
To Play Destruction King Urus
By clicking on the Urus icon on the left side of your screen and completing the pre-quest, you can move to the standby map to challenge Urus.
After the pre-quest has been completed, you can return to the map through the Dimensional Mirror or by using the Boss UI.
Destruction King Urus Conditions
You can complete the pre-quest for Urus after advancing to 4th job at level 100 (Evan characters must reach 8th Growth, Zero characters must complete Chapter 2).
You can fight Urus 3 times per day per account.
Destruction King Urus System Features
To allow 18 users to seamlessly enjoy the game together with minimal lag, the following systems will be applied.
- Matching System
- By clicking ‘Quick Start’, you will be matched with random users and once 18 people have been found, you can enter. If you want to enter with less or you want to fight with your friends, you can use the ‘Party Play’ button to challenge Urus with your own party. You can have 1~18 people in your party, and you can choose to match with random users to fill up any remaining spots if you want.
- Skill Select System
- Before entering the fight against Urus, you must choose up to 8 skills to use (all other skills will be restricted). All passives and movement skills cannot be selected and will be applied regardless of selected skills. For large area skills or install skills, they will be invisible to other users. (Large area skills either (1) have a range of 200,000 pixels or more or (2) can hit 14 enemies or more).
- Beginner job skills are all useable without being selected. SEED rings are not useable inside.
- When fighting Destruction King Urus, users will experience several new skills which previous bosses did not have such as the ability to grab or eat users.
- Grade System
- Based on your individual performance and your team performance when fighting Urus, you’ll be given a Grade. With higher Grades, you’ll receive more rewards. If Urus’ health is more than a certain percentage after a certain period of time (meaning you are not doing enough damage), you will automatically receive the lowest Grade.
- Game End
- All users will exit automatically when Urus’ health is 0 or if all participating users are dead. There is no time limit for fighting Urus.
- Power Compensation System
- In order to reduce the disparity between power levels of users from level 100 to 250, the Power Compensation system will be applied so that everyone can have fun together. Depending on your equipped weapon’s level and your total Star Force, your damage will be adjusted. Users will be able to play together with similar power levels.
- Parts Targeting/Destruction System
- Urus is a monster which uses the skeleton animation system, its body is separated into various parts which can be targeted separately. The damage you do will be affected by the part which you are hitting and you can also destroy the parts separately to stop the monster from performing certain attacks.
- Death System
- If Urus’ HP reaches 0, you’ll win the fight but if all users are dead, it’s Game Over. When users die inside the fight, they won’t be able to move but other users can revive them by standing near them and pressing Space Bar for a certain period of time. Users can only be revived a certain number of times, that number is shared by the entire team (90, rightmost number on the top bar). This adds a strategical element where users must avoid dying and decide when to revive their teammates.
- Potion Count System
- The number of potions you can use while fighting Urus is limited. Your potion limit is reset every time you are revived after dying. The limit starts at 30 (center number on the top bar)
- Battle Status UI
- By pressing the Tab key while fighting Urus, you can check the current battle statistics.
- Zoom In/Out System
- Because of Urus’ giant size and the large number of players in the map, you will be able to zoom in and out to see a larger range in wide-screen. At the top of your screen, you can press the +/- buttons to zoom in or out.
After you either defeat Urus or your party is wiped out, the Battle Results will appear. You’ll get points based on your survival time, assists, and total damage which you will then get ranked upon.
Based on your points, you’ll get EXP, mesos, and Urus parts. On the right side will be a ranking showing who did the most damage and at the bottom, it will list the Deal King (most damage), Revival King (most revivals of party members) and the Heal King (most healing).
Urus also has a Boss Soul, his skill is to summon Urus for 60 seconds dealing 500%/1000% with a 150 second cooldown.
Aisha is the one who holds rewards for fighting Urus. You can collect various items from Urus and trade them in to her for prizes.
- 100 Scroll Traces
- Mashoor’s Gift Weather Effect
- Urus Medal of Honor (gives 1000 Honor)
- 10% Clean Slate Scroll (untradeable)
- Strong Flame of Reincarnation (untradeable)
- 50% Additional Potential Scroll (untradeable)
- 50% Epic Potential Scroll (untradeable)
- Bear Damage Skin
- Destruction King Damage Skin
- Fist King Urus Chair
- Urus Tasty Chair
- Destruction King’s Throne
- Urus Hunter Chair
- Petite Urus Pet (Multipet, comes with meso and item pick-up, expires in 7 days, cannot be extended or put into the Cash Locker)
- Urus Set (gives 10% boss damage if all 4 parts are equipped)
- White/Brown/Black Urus Hat (gives 4 attack and magic attack, Cash item that expires in 30 days)
- White/Brown/Black Slippers (gives 5 all stats, Cash item that expires in 30 days)
- White/Brown/Black Gloves (gives 5 all stats, Cash item that expires in 30 days)
- Urus Gentleman/Lady Suit (gives 5 all stats, Cash item that expires in 30 days)
You can receive the Destruction King Destroyer title (5 all stats, 5 attack and magic attack, 5% defense ignore, 200 HP), which expires in 7 days, if you meet the following conditions:
- Challenge Urus with 18 people
- Receive A rank or higher
- Achieve rank 1
There are also many medals which you can collect if you meet certain conditions.
- Urus Defeater (5 all stats, 1 attack and magic attack) [clear Urus once]
- Urus Defeat King (7 all stats, 7 attack and magic attack) [clear Urus 10 times]
- God’s Control Holder (8 all stats, 8 attack and magic attack) clear Urus 1 time without being eaten, grabbed, or flipped into the air]
- One Living Spirit (4 all stats, 2 attack and magic attack) [challenge Urus 100 times]
- Urus SSS Achiever (3 all stats, 3 attack and magic attack) [achieve SSS rank 1 time]
- Urus SSS Collector (6 all stats, 6 attack and magic attack) [achieve SSS rank 10 times]
- Urus SSS Super Collecter (8 all stats, 8 attack and magic attack) [achieve SSS rank 30 times]
- Urus’ Mouthwash (2 all stats, 2 attack and magic attack) [be eaten by Urus 100 times]
- Urus’ Hand Grip (2 all stats, 2 attack and magic attack) [be grabbed by Urus 100 times]
- Assist Master (2 all stats, 2 attack and magic attack) [while fighting Urus, revive your party members a total of 999 times]
Here’s a video of me fighting Urus! I wasn’t able to get 18 people so I went in with a small party. It was definitely a different boss fighting experience. The skills look fun, later on in the fight (which I didn’t get to), he starts picking up users and even eating them haha.
Here is one uploaded by Spadow! You can see the fight from start to finish with a lot of people working together.
To celebrate the opening of Urus, an event has started and will run until September 16 where you will get 2x the mesos and experience when fighting Urus.
You can also buy the Urus’ Light cape in the Cash Shop for 2,400 Cash until September 2.
Spiegelmann’s Ghost Park
Various changes have been made to Ghost Park.
- You can no longer use movement skills inside Ghost Park.
- You can no longer heal HP through skills inside Ghost Park.
- When you die inside Ghost Park, you will now immediately respawn in the waiting map.
- When you die inside Ghost Park, resurrection skills will no longer activate.
- An error where certain skills could be used to kill the maiden ghost has been fixed.
- Recovery Runes will no longer spawn more frequently when there is more than one person inside but activating one will now heal all party members’ HP and MP.
Bowmaster’s installed Arrow Platter turret will no longer activate Armor Piercing.