KMS ver. 1.2.275 – Game Related Changes & Colourful Maple!
Today’s patch contains all of the changes that I talked about in the previous test server update as well as a few events. The longest running one will end on April 26 so we can expect the 14th anniversary patch to hit that day!
Here’s the other world selection screen for this patch.
Here’s the MapleStory Update Info Centre video for this patch.
Growth Path Improvements
Theme dungeon and area quests below level 100 have been modified.
- The following areas will be adjusted.
- Fairy Academy Ellinel
- Kerning City – Swamp
- Riena Strait
- Perion – Land of Boars
- Mushroom Castle
- El Nath
- Edelstein – Leben Mine
- Some longer theme dungeons have had their total play time decreased.
- Quest completion experience and difficulties have been adjusted.
- The number of monsters summoned in field maps have been increased.
Area medal quests have been added. When you complete all the quests in Kerning City’s Swamp, Orbis, or Ariant areas, you’ll receive a new medal.
- (Lv. 45) Swamp Troubleshooter
- (Lv. 70) Above the Clouds’ Helper
- (Lv. 90) Ariant Culture Expert
Some content’s beginning level limits have been changed. However, if you have already begun them on lower level characters, you can continue to complete them.
- FriendsStory (level 100 or higher)
- Black Heaven (level 120 or higher)
- Heroes of Maple (level 135 or higher)
Mu Lung Dojo
Some of the items sold by Lao have had their costs adjusted.
- So Gong’s Gloves (75,000 points → 70,000 points)
- Expert’s Gloves (60,000 points → 50,000 points)
- Expert Apprentice’s Gloves (40,000 points → 30,000 points)
- Mu Lung Dojo Unidentified Belt Box (3,000 points → 2,000 points)
- Mu Lung Dojo Unidentified Glove Box (3,000 points → 2,000 points)
- Mind and Body Training Centre Entry Charms
- 30 minutes (2,000 points → 1,500 points)
- 1 hour (3,500 points → 3,000 points)
- 3 hours (10,000 points → 8,000 points)
- 6 hours (18,000 points → 15,000 points)
- 12 hours (30,000 points → 28,000 points)
- Training Dummy Summoning Bags (3,500 points → 2,500 points)
Some of the items sold by Lao have been adjusted.
- NEW! Mind and Body Training Centre Entry Charm (9 Hours) [22,000 points]
- NEW! Mind and Body Training Centre Entry Charm (24 Hours) [54,000 points]
- REMOVED! Training Dummy Summoning Bag (Oak 75%)
- REMOVED! Training Dummy Summoning Bag (Oak 25%)
- REMOVED! Training Dummy Summoning Bag (Straw 100%)
- REMOVED! Training Dummy Summoning Bag (Straw 75%)
When you leave the Mind and Body Training Centre, you will now receive another Entry Charm based on the remaining time on your original Charm.
All gloves acquired from Mu Lung Dojo have been changed to Lucky Items, meaning they can count towards any set effect. This will also apply to gloves that you currently have.
The item drop rate increase formula has been changed.
- Item drop rate increasing effects will now be applied at the same time instead of being applied in a certain order based on the source’s type.
- For some items, quest items, and event items, drop rate increasing effects will now only be partially applied.
- The drop rate of Core Gemstones has been increased.
- The effects of Union’s Luck and Wealth Acquisition Elixirs have been increased.
- Union’s Luck: 30% item drop rate → 50% item drop rate
- Wealth Acquisition Elixir: 10% item and meso drop rate → 20% item and meso drop rate
When Star Force Enhancement cost discount events and MVP/PC Room discounts are applied at the same time, the pre-discount cost will now show the original cost.
- This change was made to reduce confusion as previously, the pre-discount cost would show the event-discounted price. The discounted price will be calculated the same as before, the event discount then the MVP/PC Room discount.
In Floors 2~8 of The SEED, monsters will no longer drop mesos.
An error where you could enter the boss Von Leon even if your party members were on another channel has been fixed.
The cooldown reduction potential on Hat equipment has been changed. Now, if a skill has a 10 second cooldown or less, only a percentage of the potential’s cooldown reduction will apply.
The following errors have been fixed.
- An error where Dark Knight’s Lamancha Spear would not appear to other characters when used has been fixed.
- An error where Dark Knight’s transparency would be changed after using Beholder Impact in the Torrential Zone has been fixed.
- An error where Shadower’s Shadow Assault could hit Mimics has been fixed.
- An error where the contaminated area and real damage area created by Cannon Shooter’s ICBM were different has been fixed.
- An error where some of Wild Hunter‘s summoned jaguar’s attacks’ damage would not apply has been fixed.
- Hero’s Will/Nova Hero’s Will/Erda’s Will: now gives immunity to status conditions for 3 seconds after using the skill
- Chains of Hell: damage has been increased from 105% → 150%, number of hits has been decreased from 10 → 7
- Final Shot: can now be activated by pressing the basic attack key after using Charge Drive
- High Kick Demolition: can now be activated by pressing the ↑ arrow key + basic attack key after using Charge Drive
- Rolling Moonsault: can now be activated by pressing the ↓ arrow key + basic attack key after using Charge Drive
- Limit Break: cooldown reduction boost has been increased
- Level 25: Consumes 50 Time Force. Deals 775% damage 5 times on up to 15 enemies. Enemies hit will be binded for 10 seconds, and based on the damage done, the bind duration will be increased up to 100%. For 42 seconds, your skill cooldowns (except skills not affected by cooldown resets) will decrease (240% → 250%) faster, your attack speed will be increased by 2 stages, your final damage will be increased by 35%, and all nearby enemies will be slowed. After the skill ends, all enemies affected by Limit Break will take an additional 20% of the damage they took during the skill 15 times. Cooldown: 240 seconds.
- Ultimate – Train: now requires level 10 Ultimate – Deep Impact
The following errors have been fixed.
- An error where the ‘Final Shout Towards Victory’ quest’s completion conditions and description did not match has been fixed.
- An error where Luminous’ ‘Making the Protector Robot’ quest would take more materials than stated upon completion has been fixed.
Cash Shop Related
The April Royal Hair Coupon has been added and will be sold from March 23 to April 19. It includes the new Tangle Hair for females and the new Earl Grey Hair for males.
The Trendy Royal Face Coupon has been updated, with the new Bbabam Face for both males and females.
The Ruti pets (including Pink Ruti, Mint Ruti, and Purple Ruti) will be on sale from March 30 to April 26. They also come with Pet Dye Coupons so you can make them any colour you want!
The Gold Apple items have been updated with new special rewards.
They can now give Chaos Pink Bean rewards, new chairs (like the Frog Pond Chair and Cherry Blossom Picnic Chair), new ridings (like the Honey Cat Riding and Tall Balloon Riding), and Magnificent Souls.
The Royal Style Coupon will be on sale from March 30 to April 19 and contains many new items, including the Frog Raincoat set, the Filled Flower Pot, and the Catch Hamji! weapon.
It also contains the new Special Label: the Cherry Candy set. If you collect all 5 pieces of the set, you’ll receive the Tangle Cherry Chair.
The Master Label set is still the same, the Master Snow set.
For April Fool’s Day, a few items have been added to the Cash Shop.
The Change Royal Hair Coupon and Change Royal Face Coupon will be on sale from April 1 at 12 pm until April 5. These are very special as they give male hairs/eyes to female characters and vice versa!
In addition, the April Fool’s Masquerade Sets will be on sale during this period. They are special because unlike the regular Elizabeth/Napoleon sets, they have no gender restrictions!
The Maple Is Real event will take place from April 1 at 12 pm to 11:59 pm. During this event, a new package will be on sale in the Cash Shop.
The I’ll Give You Everything Package costs 6,500 Cash and gives 1 Red Cube, 1 Black Cube, 1 Maple Royal Style Coupon, 1 Masterpiece, and a 6,500 Maple Points Voucher. Basically, it’s free! You can only buy it once per Nexon ID, with Nexon Cash, and you must be level 100 or higher.
Sweet Dash: The Honey
The Sweet Dash: The Honey event will run from March 30 to April 12.
The first part of the event is an attendance check! Each day, you must kill 2,000 monsters to get a stamp. Each day that you get a stamp, you’ll receive a prize.
- Pendant of the Spirit (7 days, can be time-extended in non-Reboot worlds)
- Special Medal of Honor
- 2,000 Scroll Traces
- 2 Craftsman’s Cubes
- Special Medal of Honor
- Storm Growth Potion
- Selective 8 Slot Expansion Coupon
- 50% Epic Potential Scroll
- Gold Potential Stamp
- 2 Meister’s Cubes
- Honey is Falling medal (30 all stats, 2,000 HP/MP, 10 attack/magic attack, 10% boss damage/defense ignore, stats expire in 14 days)
- Damage Skin Storage Slot Expansion Coupon
- Personality Growth Potion
- Honey Honey Bee Damage Skin
The second part of the event includes a variety of special benefits that will be active for the entirety of the event.
- Elite Monsters will appear 2x as frequently.
- Runes’ experience buff effects will be increased by 100%.
- Sudden Missions will appear more frequently and the daily clear limit will be increased by 2x.
- Flame Wolf will award 2x the experience.
The last part of the event is a bunch of special decorations all over Maple World.
- Multi Kill and Combo Kill effects have been changed to have sweet honey decorations.
- Runes‘ appearances have been changed to have honey decorations.
- Elite Monsters‘ appearances have been changed to Cracked Honey Pots.
The Sunday Maple event will take place on April 2, April 9, April 16, and April 23. On each of these days, various benefits will take place.
On April 2, the following benefits will be active:
- Road of Vanishing’s daily quests will award 2x the Symbols.
- Chew Chew Island’s Hungry Muto quest will award 2x the Symbols.
- Lacheln’s Dream Breaker will award 2x the coins, and the daily coin limit will be increased by 2x.
- Polo and Fritto’s quests will award 1.5x the experience.
On April 9, the following benefits will be active:
- 50% discount on the Honour cost to reset Ability.
- Burning Fields will increase in stages faster and will decrease in stages slower.
- Burning Fields‘ maximum stage will be increased from 10 to 15.
On April 16, the following benefits will be active:
- Receive 4 2x Experience Coupons (30 minutes) [once per world]
- An additional Combo Orb will be created every 99 Combo.
On April 23, the following benefits will be active:
- 30% discount on the cost to Star Force enhance items.
- 5x the chance to get Magnificent Souls when trading in 10 Soul Fragments.
- When hunting, 2 Elite Monsters will be summoned at once.
The Colourful Maple event will run from March 30 to April 26. Each week of this event, various colourful benefits will take place!
From March 30 to April 5, the following benefits will be active:
- Ghost Park
- 2x experience from killing monsters
- Receive 1 2x Experience Coupon (30 minutes) if you clear Ghost Park [limit of 1 per day per character]
- Receive 3 Infinite Fatigue Drinks when you login, which heal 70 Fatigue each [limit of once per character]
- 2x mastery from all creations in Meisterville
- 2x mastery from mining/herb collecting
- 2x the Empathy from mining
- 2x the Insight from herb collecting
From April 6 to April 12, the following benefits will be active:
- Monster Collection
- 2x the chance to register a new monster
- Expeditions’ required times will be decreased by 50%
- You can purchase Mystery Monster Eggs from the Mileage Shop
- Note: You can purchase up to 5 Eggs. The first will cost 1,000 Mileage and the price will go up by 500 Mileage each time.
- Evolving System
- 3x experience from killing monsters
- 2x drop rate of Evolving Coins
- You can purchase the Evolving Damage Skin (900 coins) and the Selective Evolving Personality Elixir (50 coins, limit of 5 per day) from the Evolving Coin Shop
From April 13 to April 19, the following benefits will be active:
- Maple Union
- 2x the coins from daily quests (additional coins from this event will not be reflected in the Union Ranking)
- 50% discount on the coins required to increase your Maple Union rank
- Dimension Invade
- 2x experience from killing monsters
- 2x the number of Supply Boxes
From April 20 to April 26, the following benefits will be active:
- Monster Life
- Receive a 7 Gem Voucher Ticket every day (limit of 1 per day per Maple ID)
- 2x farm experience from completing the tutorial quests
- 2x the Waru creation rate/storage limit on all buildings
- 2x the chance to succeed at combing Special Monsters
- Free automatic Waru collection
- Mu Lung Dojo
- 2x the acquired points (not including Ranking points)
- 2x experience from the Mind and Body Training Centre
- You can purchase the So Gong Training Dummy Summoning Sack or the Kemdi Training Dummy Summoning Sack for 5,000 points
Making Girlfriends and Boyfriends Project
The Making Girlfriends and Boyfriends Project event will take place on April 1, from 10 am to 11:59 pm.
The gist of this comic is that GM Sori is trying to interview someone to see where they’re going to go on a date this weekend. The passing-by Mapler (in a furious rage) said she should ask if they have a girlfriend first.
Then Kemdi appears and tells him not to worry. He’s going to introduce him to the love of his life!
How does this story end? You’ll have to login during the event and accept the event quest to find out.