The first patch of the Winter update, MapleStory Unlimited, has been released! This patch includes many reorganizations, including those to items, stats, and bosses! It’s almost like another Big Bang! Read on for more information~
Here are the two world selection screens for those interested, haha.
First up are all the item reorganizations. The drop rate of all equipment has been increased from 5 to 10 times its regular rate, permanently! In addition, dropped equipment now has a greater chance to be a rank higher than Rare~
The price of equipment in shops as well as the price to repair durability have been decreased.
The tooltips shown when hovering over equipment items have been reorganized! Along with a sleek new look, the tooltips show much more useful information now. Potential outlines are now only around the picture (I think it looks much better!). Also, base stats of the equipment will appear in white and scrolled stats will appear in orange with a + sign beside it. (e.g. if you scroll something for attack, you will see attack: 100 + 50). These bonus orange stats also include stats that cause an item to be above average.
First off, the large white numbers on the top indicate how much the item will affect your range if you equip it. The stat highlighted in purple is defense, then the green is magic defense, the red is boss damage, and the blue is monsters’ defense ignored.
Items have become more powerful! Equipment from drops, blacksmithing, and shops will have a chance to come with Additional Options! These additional stats will appear as orange text beside the regular stats of the item (Note: this means that Additional Options, above average stats, and scrolled stats will all be combined into one number).
You can receive 1 to 4 Options per item and there are five ranks of Additional Options, each with better stats. Certain boss items will always receive 4 Options, and have a greater chance of getting higher ranked stats. Items that drop may also vary in required level.
Only weapons, armor, accessories, and pocket items can have Additional Options. This does not include secondary weapons and shields, rings, or medals.
If you’re lucky, you’ll also receive the extra Additional Options that are possible to get (% total damage, % all stats, % boss damage, and reduction in required level). These will appear in bolded white text.
The Dragon weapons (level 110) will now drop from monsters. Also, equipment drops have been normalized through all monsters based on level (that means that monsters will drop any equipment near their level, not specific equipment only).
A new item called the Flame of Reincarnation has been added! This item was made for equipment from before this update, it gives Additional Options to items! There are 5 different kinds, each for a different level range. The Flame of Reincarnation drops from boss monsters, and the more difficult bosses will drop the higher level Flames.
However, when you use a Flame on an item, it will become untradeable on equipping and receive a Scissor count of 5. This means that you can use a maximum of 5 Karma Scissors (Platinum if the item requires it) before it becomes completely untradeable.
For items that were initially fully tradeable (like a weapon), it will also become untradeable on equipping. However, when the item is equipped, you will need to use the new Silver Karma Scissors. They are available through in-game means, you do not need to buy them from the Cash Shop~
Fully untradeable items (those that can’t be scissored at all) will stay untradeable, will not gain a scissor count, and will only receive additional options.
In this update, the maximum damage range has been increased from 999,999 to 2,000,000. The damage cap has been increased from 999,999 to 50,000,000, and maximum HP and MP have been increased from 99,999 to 500,000!
The maximum avoid rate has been decreased to 90%, you cannot dodge every single attack anymore.
The ignoring monsters’ defense stat and how it stacks has been changed.
Magnifying glasses have been reorganized! You no longer have to buy them from a store, simply use the icon in your inventory and pay a fee to instantly identify your items~
Of course if your Insight level is high enough, you won’t have to pay a thing.
The character creation screen has been reorganized! There is now a scroll bar at the bottom for all the jobs, and you’ll see a summary for each class on the left~
As a bonus event, until January 31, you’ll be able to create any of the 14 jobs in MapleStory~!
You can now have up to 3 Card decks! However, you can only use one job card in your entire deck.
Inner Abilities have been reorganized! They are now called Ability, and each line is automatically unlocked when you reach level 30, 50, and 70 (these are your actual levels, not Honor levels!). The ranking system has been changed from C, B, A, S to Rare, Epic, Unique, and Legendary.
All the Circulators have been combined into a single Ability Circulator which you can buy from Aswan or get from bosses. When you gain a certain amount of Honor experience, you will receive free Circulators.
The Honor system has been reorganized! Monsters can now drop the Medal of Honor, which gives 100 to 1000 Honor when used! Boss monsters will drop them at a more frequent rate than regular monsters. In addition, each difficulty in Aswan will now give the same amount of Honor experience.
Boss monsters have been reorganized! Their rewards have been strengthened and their balancing has been adjusted. The new bosses will definitely pose a challenge to even veteran Maplers! By the way, in the following list, when I say ‘the characteristics of their attacks have been changed’, it means that most of their attacks do fixed % damage now.
Rewards from boss monsters are now automatically distributed to those who helped fight them, and you cannot loot an item that has been assigned to someone else.
- When hunting bosses with others, you will no longer see their skill effects or damage
- The majority of bosses are no longer affected by rushing skills
- The experience of most bosses has been decreased (by a lot actually)
- Boss monsters’ defenses have been reorganized
- Zakum expedition has been deleted, you can now fight him in a regular party
- Chaos Zakum and his summons’ HP have been increased
- Zakum’s attack delays, attacks, and attack characteristics have been changed
- Chaos Horntail and his summons’ HP have been increased
- Horntail’s attack delays, attacks, and attack characteristics have been changed
- Horntail’s summons’ attack characteristics have been changed
- Normal mode and Hard mode Hilla’s HP have been increased
- Hilla’s summons’ HP have been increased
- Hilla’s attack delays, attacks, and attack characteristics have been changed
- Van Leon and his summons’ HP have been increased
- Van Leon’s attack delays, attacks, and attack characteristics have been changed
- Van Leon’s summons’ attack characteristics have been changed
- Time limit has been changed to 30 minutes
- Arkairum and his summons’ HP have been increased
- Your shadow copy’s HP has been increased
- Arkairum’s summons are no longer physical attack immune, but their defense has been increased
- Arkairum’s attack delays, attacks, and attack characteristics have been changed
- Arkairum can now drop forged Dominator Pendants at a low chance
- Arkairum has received the Death Count system, once all deaths are used up the battle will end you will be sent out of the map
- Normal mode and Chaos mode Pink Bean’s HP have been increased
- Normal mode and Chaos mode’s time limits have been changed to 30 minutes
- Normal mode and Chaos mode’s attack delays, attacks, and attack characteristics have been changed
- Normal mode and Hard mode’s HP have been increased
- Hard mode’s Death Count system has been increased from 20 to 40 deaths
- Magnus’ attack animations and delays have been adjusted to be more visible
- Cygnus expedition has been deleted, you can now fight her in a regular party
- Clear limit has been changed to 2 per week
- If any of the Chief Knights are defeated, your attempt is considered as 1 clear
- Time limit has been changed to 30 minutes
- Cygnus and her summons’ HP have been increased
- Cygnus no longer heals herself
- The times when Cygnus summons have been changed
- Damage of some skills have been adjusted
- The characteristics of some of Cygnus and her summons’ attacks have been changed
Bosses now drop the Strange Cube, an item which resets the potential on a Rare or Epic item. Be careful, it can reduce your rank from Epic to Rare! They’re tradeable too~
As mentioned before, bosses will drop equipment items with Additional Options more frequently (which may come with a Scissor count), and the Flame of Reincarnation. They will also drop the Ability Circulator, which is used with the reorganized Abilities.
Regular monsters have received a reorganization has well! Monsters level 110 to 159 have increased HP and defense, while monsters 160 and over have increased HP, defense, and damage!
Until February 28, you’ll be able to enjoy the new Maple Mentoring system! Pair up with someone less experienced than you to gain special benefits! If you two hunt in the same map, you’ll receive 20% bonus experience and 30 attack and magic attack. You can also teleport to your mentor or mentee once every 30 minutes!
You can also complete special missions to receive gift boxes~
Mercedes, Phantom, Mikhail, Luminous, Kaiser, and Angelic Burster have received level 2 Link Skills~ Like Demon Slayer and Cannon Shooter, you must reach level 120 to unlock level 2.
- Elf’s Blessing: level 2 – 15% bonus experience
- Deadly Instinct: level 2 – 15% critical chance
- Guardian of Light: level 2 – 110 second duration
- Permeate: level 2 – 15% defense ignored
- Iron Will: level 2 – 15% HP
- Soul Contract: level 2 – 90% damage increase (45% for Link Skill)
Hyper Skills have also been adjusted based on the new damage cap.
- Epic Adventure: damage cap boost has been increased to 5,000,000
- Vengeance of Angel: damage cap boost has been increased to 5,000,000
- Assassinate – Limit Canceller: damage cap boost has been increased to 10,000,000
- Flip the Coin: damage cap boost has been increased to 5,000,000
- Unity of Power: damage cap boost has been increased to 9,000,000
- Queen of Tomorrow: damage cap boost has been increased to 5,000,000
- Will of Liberty: damage cap boost has been increased to 5,000,000
- Union Aura: damage cap boost has been increased to 5,000,000
- Blue Blood: damage cap boost has been increased to 10,000,000
- Heroes’ Oath: damage cap boost has been increased to 5,000,000
- Other active Hyper Skills with a damage cap of less than 50,000,000 have had that property deleted
The first event is the Spin the Wheel event, which runs until January 3!
You can find the Wheel NPC in most towns. Basically, you have to collect Wheel Tickets from monsters around your level, and trade them in to spin the wheel~
Based on how many tickets you trade in, you’ll spin a different wheel (10 for the top left, 20 for bottom left, 30 for top right, 40 for bottom right). The colour you land on determines the gift box that you receive~
The prizes get (arguably) better as you go to the right on this list. Since there’s so many, you can just look at them here (they’re in the same order as above). As you can see, they give potions, scrolls, a variety of chairs, and even Ultimate equipment.
The next is the Winter Achievement event, season 1! It runs until January 2.
There are 6 achievements, each based off a different event for this winter! For example, the first one wants you to participate in Spin the Wheel 10 times~
For each one you complete, you’ll receive a 3 attack and magic attack title that lasts 10 days and a Winter Achievement Box, which can give you a Winter Limit Coin, various scrolls, or a Giant Yeti Chair.
If you can complete all 6 achievements, you’ll receive the Glorious Winter medal, which gives 8 attack and magic attack. However, it’s time limited and lasts 30 days.
If you log in to the MapleStory homepage, you can claim the Maple Member’s Dignity Box, which gives a Golden Potential Stamp, a 10% Clean Slate Scroll, a Special Additional Potential Stamp, and 2 Master Miracle Cubes~
The Maple Winter event will run until January 30~
Like every year, monsters will be dropping Snowboards! They’ll also be dropping the Snow Winter Box, which you can open for prizes~
- Winter Limit Coin
- Yellow/Red/Blue Warmers (lasts 3 days)
- Bear Chair (lasts 30 days)
- use/personality trait items
- Mysterious Love Letter
Once per day, you can hold an Igloo for Cassandra for 30 minutes to receive either a Winter Limit Coin or a Snow Winter Box. You can also hunt 30 Cinnamon Chai Teabags for her to receive a Winter Limit Coin or a Snow Winter Box, up to 10 times per day.
Everyone will receive 2 2x Experience and 2x Drop coupons each day of this event. You’ll also receive a Maple Teleport Rock!
Newly created characters will receive the Unlimited Ring upon reaching level 50.
You can spend your Winter Limit Coins at the Winter Limited Coin Shop, hosted by the Tempest event’s Wind and Spark~ Spark sells the new Frosty equipment, level 80 weapons and armor.
- Frosty weapons (80 coins)
- Frosty Hat (50 coins)
- Frosty Suit (50 coins)
- Frosty Gloves (50 coins)
- Frost Boots (50 coins)
- Frosty Cape (50 coins)
Wind sells special use items, chairs, mastery books, and scrolls~
- 50% Frosty One-handed/Two-handed Scrolls for Attack/Magic Attack (gives 5 to all stats, 5 attack/magic attack) (20 coins)
- 50% Frosty Armor for Stats Scroll (gives 3 to all stats) (20 coins)
- 50% Frosty Armor Enhance Scroll (gives 100 HP and MP, 20 avoid) (20 coins)
- 60% Chaos Scroll (30 coins)
- 60% Miraculous Chaos Scroll (40 coins)
- Advanced Equipment Enhancement Scroll (40 coins)
- 50% Golden Hammer (40 coins)
- Advanced Additional Potential Stamp (60% chance to add an additional potential line) (40 coins)
- Mastery Book Synergy (5 coins)
- Frosty Potential Scroll (50% chance to add a potential line) (40 coins)
- 10% Clean Slate Scroll (40 coins)
- Silver Karma Scissors (5 coins)
- 20% Ultimate One-handed/Two-handed Scrolls for Attack/Magic Attack (gives 3 all stats, 9 attack/magic attack, 100% chance of breaking if failed) (60 coins)
- 20% Ultimate Armor Enhance Scroll (gives 9 all stats, 100% chance of breaking if failed) (60 coins)
- 20% Ultimate Accessory for Attack/Magic Attack Scrolls (gives 1 attack/magic attack, 100% chance of breaking if failed) (60 coins)
- Advanced Potential Scroll (30 coins)
- 30 Day Double Transform Robot Riding (20 coins)
- 30 Day Double Shinsoo Riding (20 coins)
- 30 Day Double Bear Balloon Riding (20 coins)
- 30 Day Double Nightmare Riding (20 coins)
- 30 Day Double Owl Riding (20 coins)
- 30 Day Double Rabbit Riding (20 coins)
- 30 Day Double Orange Mushroom Riding (20 coins)
- 30 Day Double Super Rabbit Riding (20 coins)
- 5000 White Gold Bow Arrows (6 attack) (5 coins)
- 5000 White Gold Crossbow Arrows (6 attack) (5 coins)
- White Gold Stars (28 attack) (40 coins)
- White Gold Bullets (22 attack) (40 coins)
- Hey, it’s Me Chair (100 coins)
- Lania’s Picnic (100 coins)
- Elluel’s Small Concert (100 coins)
- Pink Bean Chair (50 coins)
- 4 Slot Chair Bag (80 coins)
- 4 Slot Title Wallet (80 coins)
- 12 Slot Herb Bag (60 coins)
- 12 Slot Ore Bag (60 coins)
- Pink Coin Purse (80 coins)
- Class specific Mystery Mastery Books (50 coins)
The last event is the Winter Attendance Check event.
It will take place over 4 Seasons, each two weeks long, from now until January 30.
For each season, you’ll have to log on each day and defeat 300 monsters~ Your attendance will then be checked and you’ll receive the daily prize! On the 7th day of each week you’ll receive an extra prize, and if you complete all 14 days you’ll receive another extra prize!
For Season 1, you’ll receive a Premium Dice for the first 6 days of the week, 6 Premium Dice and a Strange Cube on the 7th day of each week, and a Character Slot Coupon if you complete all 14 days!
Premium Dice can be opened to receive use items, scrolls, Mysterious Scrolls, and Surprise Chair Boxes.