There hasn’t been a patch in a while… but a new event showed up on the MapleStory homepage! And this one’s sort of different from others, it’s called Superstar M! This event has to do with your ideas for new content in MapleStory~ Basically, you can send in your idea on the homepage and others can vote on which ones they like best.
It’s sort of interesting to see which ideas become most popular so I wanted to share some with you guys~
They will be accepting ideas until September 24, and the winners will be announced on October 9. Obviously there will be prizes, and the most popular ideas might even be added into the game!
- Grand Prize (1 person): 2,000,000 Maple Points
- Runner Ups (2 people): 1,000,000 Maple Points
- Excellence Award (3 people): 500,000 Maple Points
- Professional Award (10 people): 100,000 Maple Points
- Good Idea Award (100 people): 10,000 Maple Points
- Participation Award (1000 people): 3,000 Maple Points
Now I’ll talk to you about the ideas that I saw were pretty popular (there’s actually over 100 pages of submissions and now way to sort by votes… so it’s sort of dumb). Therefore I may have missed some, so don’t take this post as “these are the highest and will probably be added into the game”.
A big one that I saw was merging Cash Shop inventories for all classes, I don’t think anyone can argue with that haha.
Another idea that was popular was actually 10 ideas in one!
- Various hunting grounds to make training more fun (especially for level 130-160)
- Weapons like Zero’s for all jobs
- More minigames and increased rewards
- Raise the level limit on Hekaton and make the servers better
- Strengthen normal monsters so everyone cannot just 1hko them
- Increase quest rewards
- Job personality/balance
- Increase the reporting limit
- Increase the droprate for materials used to make Artisan/Master’s Cubes
- Increase the maximum stat cap
Someone also suggested a housing system. Own your own house which can contain things like an extra storage, private maps where you can practice against bosses (they will not drop anything or give experience), quests that give coins you can use to buy furniture, and a ‘wardrobe’ that you can use to share Cash equipment with your other characters.
Another one I saw was asking to update Aran and Evan’s creation to be the same as the other heroes and all new characters. It’s true, they don’t even get their own hair and eyes haha.
A job that exclusively uses 2h axes/blunt weapons was also suggested.
Definitely the one with the most votes that I saw was the guild battle! Fight with other guilds in parties and gain points which you can use to buy special Guild set equipment which have comparable stats to Empress~
And that’s it for now! Obviously there are a ton of more posts which I did not mention, maybe when they release the winners I can talk about them. What would you like to see added to MapleStory?