kMSt ver. 1.2.001 – Suu and Level 160 Items & MapleStory 2 – CBT and New Cinematic!
A lot of information all at the same time today!! First of all, the first patch for the new Test World has been released, featuring a new boss Suu and a new level 160 set!
In addition, for G-STAR 2014, Nexon has released two videos: one cinematic and one that shows off what they’ll be adding in the upcoming CBT as well as the date for the beta test. Read on!
Test World is the new test server for MapleStory, with a new set of rules. You can see my previous post about it.
Drop rate has been changed to 2x for items and 5x for mesos. Experience rate depends on your level: 2x for level 1~29, 3x for 30~119, and 2x for 120~159. These rates will apply in channel 1 and 2, but 3 and 4 will be the same as the official server.
The goal this time is to test the new level 210 boss, Suu. You can enter through the Boss Matching system with a party of 1 to 6 people, level 140 or higher.
In the official server, the requirements will be to finish all Acts of Black Heaven, and be level 190 or higher. There will also be a daily or weekly limit imposed.
If you clear Suu in an unusual way, you will not receive any rewards.
- Suu has 300% defense and resists all elements
- the map has diagonal teleports (e.g. take the portal in the top left to reach the bottom right)
- you must attack the central laser core
- 5 second potion cooldown
Suu has many attacks. He can shoot lasers at you. He can drop objects from the sky (lightbulbs stun you for 1 second and deal 10% HP damage, iron plates stun you for 2 seconds and deals 20% damage, and rocks stun you for 3 seconds and hits 30% damage). When you get hit by something you fall to the bottom of the map. He can also summon robots.
This patch also added a new level 160 set, the Absolabs set. I guess Suu drops them. It has the Absolabs Core Hat, Suit, Shoes, Gloves and Cape as well as a weapon.
Here are the equipment stats. Note that there is one set for each job (they all look the same for now though, it might change in the future)
- Hat: 45 main and secondary stat, 3 attack/magic attack, 10% defense ignore, 11 slots, untradeable upon equipping, can be traded with the Karma Scissors
- Suit: 65 main and secondary stat, 5 attack/magic attack, 12 slots, untradeable upon equipping, can be traded with the Karma Scissors
- Shoes: 20 main and secondary stat, 5 attack/magic attack, 7 slots, untradeable upon equipping, can be traded with the Karma Scissors
- Gloves: 20 main and secondary stat, 5 attack/magic attack, 7 slots, untradeable upon equipping, can be traded with the Karma Scissors
- Cape: 15 all stats, 2 attack/magic attack, 7 slots, untradeable upon equipping, can be traded with the Karma Scissors
Here are the weapons‘ stats. They each come with 30% boss damage and 10% defense ignore (except the Blade) and have 8 slots. They are untradeable upon equipping and can be traded with the Karma Scissors.
- One-handed BW: 60 STR and DEX, 197 attack
- One-handed Axe: 60 STR and DEX, 197 attack
- One-handed Sword: 60 STR and DEX, 197 attack
- Two-handed BW: 60 STR and DEX, 205 attack
- Two-handed Axe: 60 STR and DEX, 205 attack
- Two-handed Sword: 60 STR and DEX, 205 attack
- Polearm: 60 STR and DEX, 184 attack
- Spear: 60 STR and DEX, 184 attack
- Desperado: 2000 HP, 205 attack
- Wand: 60 INT and LUK, 241 magic attack
- Staff: 60 INT and LUK, 245 magic attack
- Shining Rod: 60 INT and LUK, 241 magic attack
- Bow: 60 DEX and STR, 197 attack
- Crossbow: 60 DEX and STR, 197 attack
- Dual Bowgun: 60 DEX and STR, 192 attack
- Claw: 60 LUK and DEX, 103 attack
- Dagger: 60 LUK and DEX, 192 attack
- Blade: 97 attack
- Cane: 60 LUK and DEX, 197 attack
- Gun: 60 DEX and STR, 150 attack
- Knuckle: 60 STR and DEX, 154 attack
- Cannon: 60 DEX and STR, 210 attack
- Soul Shooter: 60 DEX and STR, 154 attack
- Energy Sword: 60 STR and DEX, 154 attack
The set effects are:
- 2 equips: 30 all stats
- 3 equips: 30 attack/magic attack, 10% defense ignore
- 4 equips: 20% HP and MP, 200 defense and magic defense
- 5 equips: 40 attack and magic attack, 30% boss damage
- 6 equips: 50 attack and magic attack, 10% defense ignore
Let’s move on to MapleStory 2! At G-STAR this year (a gaming convention), they showed off some more! Here’s a new cinematic!
It confirms the beta test will begin in January 2015!!
They also released a video showing off what they’ll be adding in for the upcoming CBT, including 32 new maps for Ellinia and Perion, new bosses, NPCs, and quests, as well as a shadow world where you can participate in PvP anywhere!
In addition, this CBT will finally let you test the three classes which were not available in the alpha test, Berserker, Thief, and Heavy Gunner!
And one more video, this one’s just a short preview of MapleStory 2!