MapleStory 2 – Patch Notes Special Issue #2!
In addition to information about the Spring update of MapleStory, the MapleStory 2 team has released Patch Notes Special Issue #2! These are the patch notes for the in-house development of the game.
A new minigame called Maple Rider has been added! Enjoy drifting around the racetrack while trying to beat your friends.
As a reward, you’ll receive special Gloves in different colours, and if you’re really good, you might even get some Rainbow Gloves!
Players can now fight each other in destroyed areas of the map. Watch as your attacks deplete your opponent’s pink hearts! If you win, the other player’s items will be dropped for you to collect.
The Poop Gauge has been added. For every character, as time passes, the Poop Gauge will fill up. When the Gauge is above a certain amount, you can empty it by using a toilet.
When the gauge is filled up, your movement speed will be decreased significantly. If you keep it filled for too long, watch out! A dangerous explosion might occur…
A new race of characters appears! Instead of the Berserker class, the Mushserker race is now available. (the name works way better in Korean… mushroom = busut).
The super powerful Power Rangers have also been added.
A new skill has been added for Priests.
- Song: Sing a beautiful song. This song will cause monsters to hum along with you. You cannot stop singing.
A new skill has been added for Knights.
- Booking: Lure other players to your side. Male characters will use mesos instead of SP.
Thieves can sneak into other people’s homes and steal items. If you have storage in your home, those items can be stolen as well. However, if you’re caught by a security guard, you’ll be sent straight to prison!
If you advance to a Heavy Gunner, you must blindly accept the Call of Ereb quest. In the Call of Ereb event, you must practice shooting targets at the Tria Shooting Range.
After completing the training, you can return to regular gameplay, but you cannot gain experience while participating in this event.
If by level 25, you have no female characters on your Friends List, you will automatically be changed into the Wizard job. If you don’t have any by level 30, you will become an Archmage.
All characters have gained Gomu-Gomu abilities (rubber). Now, when creating a character, you can customize their body! Arm length, leg length, chest size, waist circumference, and more can be changed.
Customizing your body affects combat and gameplay. For example, Knights are close-range characters? Now you can be ranged!
With a long neck, you can even see into other worlds!
Now, if you eat an Orange Mushroom without killing it, your character’s body will grow twice the size and you will be invincible for a short period of time! You can use this time to collect coins without being bothered by monsters’ attacks.
Collect the 7 Star Slimes and make a wish! Seven special Star Slimes have been hidden across Maple World. They’re one-of-a-kind and when you find them all, you can summon the Dragon Slime and make a wish.
After wishing, the Star Slimes will be scattered all over Maple World once more.
The Underwear slot has been added. Be careful with the difference between male and female underwear!
The Essence of Mathematics item has been added. If used, your character will become good at math. This has no use in battle.
You can now give your Maids the Velma’s Whip item, which can be acquired by raising your ‘like level’ with Prison Warden Velma until she gives it to you as a gift.
Then, you can use various commands: /greet, /dance, /intensedance, /cutedance, /speak, /cutie, /walk, /slap… The underwear slot has also been added for Maids.
Many other system changes are detailed below.
- The Fusion system has been added.
- When hunting in a party of 2, sometimes if you enter special keys at the same time, you’ll activate Fusion Mode.
- While in Fusion Mode, there will be a special effect and you’ll take 50% reduced damage.
- Your two characters will join as one and 1P will control the character’s movements while 2P will control the character’s skills. This should work great!
- You can now control your character using your voice.
- Voice commands such as forwards, backwards, and jump can be used.
- When you correctly pronounce the name of a skill, that skill will be used.
- You can use the pronunciation learning feature to customize the system to your voice.
- However, many words still cannot be understood at the moment.
- Be careful while swimming, you can now drown.
- If your swimming level is low, you may drown in the water.
- In Shadow World, you can puncture other users’ floating tubes to make them drown.
- The bad word protection system has been improved.
- When you swear, SP will be consumed. The more sever the word, the more SP will be used up.
- The filter function is still working.
- The raid organization system has been added.
- Up to 500 users can now join together to attack the Castle of Larip, a new raid dungeon.
- You need to check the specifications of your PC to make sure you can handle the large amount of people all at once.
- Castle of Larip requires at minimum: an Intel Xeon E5 or higher CPU and a Geforce GTX Titan X or higher graphics card.
- The game has been optimized.
- Various parts of the game have been optimized and the minimum requirements of the game have been adjusted.
- An Intel 8088 processor or higher CPU and a Hercules or higher graphics card are required to play MapleStory 2.
- Game progress is now saved only when you sleep in a bed in your own house.
- When you log on again, you will start from the point which you saved at last.