> MapleStory User Discussion – 5th Job Confirmed for 2016!
MapleStory User Discussion – 5th Job Confirmed for 2016!
Today, a user discussion was held at Nexon Korea’s office in Pangyo. Only 20 users were invited and they had a lengthy 3-hour discussion with the director and development team of MapleStory about things they had questions about.
I’ll definitely be going over some of the stuff they talked about, but most importantly, after 3 years, 5th job is confirmed to be coming in 2016!!!
Obviously I wasn’t one of the 20 people that went, so I wanna thank the users of Insoya who posted their notes from the discussion! I won’t be covering every point they mentioned because they might not have been very interesting but I also might have missed some stuff (in which case, please let me know!).
- They have set up a dedicated team for memory management so they can improve on that this summer.
- Users mentioned that after level 220, it is way too difficult to level up.
- The developers said they have been adding high level content gradually, such as Black Heaven, but they are planning on adding a large area for level 200+ characters this year (probably in combination with 5th job).
- 5th job will be coming this year!
- The developers mentioned that it was first teased in 2013 with the RED update but it was put on hold until last year when development started again.
- They want 5th job to give players the ability to defeat Hard Suu/Damien.
- Users asked what they thought about the maximum damage cap.
- The developers replied that a damage cap does not make sense in RPGs and so they are planning to remove it with 5th job.
- Users mentioned that event participation is getting lower due to repetitive events.
- The developers said it is difficult to continuously differentiate event content but they are trying their best to make them interesting. This year’s 13th anniversary events will be going beyond the existing framework and will hopefully be a new standard.
- Users asked if there were any thoughts to improve party play since many high level players simply have users afk on ropes while they train.
- The developers replied that they have looked at it before but they felt it would alienate new players. They would like to improve hunting to be more fun.
- Mini dungeons were removed due to excessive macro usage inside them. It is quite frustrating but macros/hacks constantly get updated so it is difficult to keep track of them. Monitoring in the Free Market will be increased to help crack down on macros.
- Users asked about if there are any plans to stop people from hunting Elite Bosses by hanging around low level areas with their friends and stealing them quickly.
- The developers said this is a bit difficult to fix. They could try and make Elite Bosses into something like the Flame Wolf portal.
- Users asked when closed areas will be reopened.
- The developers said they would like to both release new content and update the closed areas. They are still planning to gradually re-open them but they are not very high priority.
- Users asked what they thought about the lack of players for Urus since many times, it is impossible to get 18 players together.
- The developers said that Urus was an experiment for them and it did not go as well as they thought it would, so they are trying to change the rewards or add things to improve the player base.
- Von Leon and Horntail might be updated to use skeleton animations.
- There are plans to increase the maximum Link Skill limit.
- Users asked if there are any plans to make it easier to move around Link Skills.
- The developers replied that they do want to improve on it but if certain limits were removed, then they worry that Link Skills and Character Cards would overlap/be redundant. They are open to increasing the ‘1 per day’ limit though.
- There are plans to increase the maximum character limit/maximum inventory slot limits, after more high priority stability updates.
- Users asked if they are planning to change how megaphones cover your buffs, or how Kaiser’s tail and Luminous’ eyes work.
- The developers replied that they are planning to reduce lag from megaphones and they might add the ability to turn Kaiser’s tail/Luminous’ eyes on/off like Mercedes’ elf ears.
- Users asked about Star Force and its success/failure chances.
- The developers said they are continuously monitoring Star Force and will consider changing the success/failure chances if needed.
- There are no plans to re-add Miraculous Equipment Enhancement Scrolls.
- Users asked if they can improve the annoyingness of Star Force enhancements.
- The developers said they might add an option to turn off the minigame before every enhancement.
- Users asked about the useless/inefficient options when you use Cubes.
- The developers said that they are planning to do something about this with the 5th job advancement update. It is difficult to decide whether to remove or improve them since many players have already fully cubed their gear.
- Users asked why they added a 10 minute cooldown on to Heaven’s Door.
- The developers said having a free resurrection every 3 minutes was too strong, so they decided to add the 10 minute cooldown. They might lower harder bosses’ difficulties to compensate for it.