KMS ver. 1.2.272 – MapleStory BEYOND: Arcana!
The third and final patch of the MapleStory BEYOND update has been released! It contains the fourth area of Arcane River, the Mystical Forest Arcana as well as Story Mode Lucid and an updated Fantastic Theme Park!
Here’s the new world select screen for this patch!
Here’s the Update Info Centre for this patch.
Mystical Forest Arcana
A new area in Arcane River, has been added.
- Users who have defeated Lucid and completed the ‘Showdown’ quest can hear the sounds of the flying fish downstream Lacheln’s river.
- By riding the flying fish in Lacheln’s river, you can enter Arcana.
- Alongside a Small Spirit, help restore the Mysical Forest Arcana which has fallen into a crisis.
- Arcana’s hunting maps require 280/320/360 Arcane Force.
Here is the introduction video to the Secret Forest of the Spirits, Arcana.
The following monsters have been added.
- Water Spirit (Lv. 230)
- Sunshine Spirit (Lv. 231)
- Earth Spirit (Lv. 232)
- Frost Cloud Spirit (Lv. 233)
- Thunder Cloud Spirit (Lv. 234)
- Deadly Poison Spirit (Lv. 235)
- Explosion Spirit (Lv. 236)
- Chaos Spirit (Lv. 237)
- Despair Spirit (Lv. 238)
- Grief Spirit (Lv. 239)
- Disharmony Spirit (Lv. 240)
- Spirit’s Remains (Lv. 230)
- Corrupted Harmony Spirit (Lv. 240)
The following NPCs have been added.
- Small Spirit
- Wind Spirit
- Lost Tree Spirit
- Tree Spirit
- Tree Spirits
- Stone Spirit
- Stone Spirits
- Harmony Spirit
- General Store Spirit
- Storage Spirit
- Whispering Flower
The following quests have been added.
- City of Nightmares, Goodbye (Lv. 225, user)
- Small Spirit (Lv. 225, Small Spirit)
- Petals Dancing Around (Lv. 225, Small Spirit)
- The Song of the Forest (Lv. 225, Small Spirit)
- To the Forest of Grass Flutes (Lv. 225, Wind Spirit)
- The Vitality of the Grass Flutes 1 (Lv. 225, Small Spirit)
- The Vitality of the Grass Flutes 2 (Lv. 225, Small Spirit)
- Whispers from the Flowers (Lv. 225, Wind Spirit)
- The Place Closest to the Moonlight (Lv. 225, Small Spirit)
- To the Deep Forest (Lv. 225, Small Spirit)
- They are Tree Spirits (Lv. 225, Small Spirit)
- Find the Disappeared Tree Spirit (Lv. 225, Small Spirit)
- Back Again (Lv. 225, Lost Tree Spirit)
- The Status of the Tree Trunk Harp (Lv. 225, Tree Spirits)
- The Place Where the Tree Trunk Harp is (Lv. 225, Small Spirit)
- Revive the Tree Trunk Harp 1 (Lv. 225, Small Spirit)
- Revive the Tree Trunk Harp 2 (Lv. 225, Small Spirit)
- The Resonating Harp Sound (Lv. 225, Tree Spirits)
- What the Tree Spirits Saw (Lv. 225, user)
- To the Xylophone Pond (Lv. 225, Small Spirit)
- Into the Pond (Lv. 225, Small Spirit)
- Squirming (Lv. 225, Rock Spirit)
- The Blocked Water Flow and the Rock Spirits (Lv. 225, Rock Spirit)
- Step by Step, Save the Colleagues! (Lv. 225, Rock Spirit)
- Towards the Tree of Spirits (Lv. 225, Rock Spirit)
- The Wicked Aura Surrounding the Tree of Spirits (Lv. 225, Small Spirit)
- The Forest that Regained Harmony (Lv. 225, Harmony Spirit)
The following items have been added.
- Equip: Arcane Symbol: Arcana
- NOTE: Three more Arcane Symbol slots are unlocked once you receive this Arcane Symbol (so a total of 6).
- Etc: Water’s Vitality
- Etc: Sunshine’s Vitality
- Etc: Earth’s Vitality
- Etc: Deadly Scream
- Etc: Explosive Scream
I’m not level 225 yet so I won’t be able to do a tour video, but here’s a slideshow of the maps in the area!
SPOILERS HERE (sort of…)
At the end of the Arcana storyline (and I mean at the very end), they play a short (and I mean short, it’s like 15 seconds) video that basically teases the hell out of us but gives us no information at all.
Thanks to Spadow for the video!
First of all, the video shows this upside down castle in the sky.
If you guys remember, when Kritias first came out, it was said to be the place that the Black Mage was hiding. However, it never really became anything special. Now, it seems like that will change? The castle in the picture above bears a stark resemblance to the castle in the sky of Kritias, called Trueffet.
Then, the video shows the Black Mage, as well as Arkarium. At the end of Heroes of Maple, Damien ‘killed’ Arkarium but he saved himself by transferring his spirit into his snake. It seems now he’s back in his human form.
Finally, it shows the girl in the Arcana introduction video again, as she steps onto the grass, things seem to grow. And then her hair/eyes turn from black to white and she sends a white bird flying into the sky. This girl is a new character… but who?
Some keen people on Southperry realized the symbol in her eyes after they turn white is the one from Aurora, the society that the Black Mage founded in order to study the ultimate light.
She is clearly affiliated with the Black Mage in some way! But that’s all we know about her.
Now, let’s put it all together. The Black Mage is in what looks like Trueffet, the upside down castle in the sky shown in Kritias. He is said to be found at the end of Arcane River. So it’s definitely confirmed that we’ll be getting at least one more new area, if not more.
Fantastic Theme Park
The theme dungeon has been newly updated.
- Users will find a new story for Fantastic Theme Park.
- Users level 120 or higher can receive the ‘Before the 101st Confession’ quest to enter Fantastic Theme Park.
- Help Daromi with his fantastic proposal for his 101st confession!
New NPCs have been added to Fantastic Theme Park.
- Caped Mascot
- Nurse Ailee
- Little Girl
- Master of Playing Alone
- Haunted House – Oliver
- Gyro Drop – Alcyone
- Viking – Oliver
- Solo Army Troop
New quests have been added to Fantastic Theme Park.
- [Fantastic Theme Park] Daromi’s Story (Lv. 120, Daromi)
- Daromi’s 101st Love (Lv. 120, Daromi)
- The World’s Most Exciting Confession Plan (Lv. 120, Daromi)
- Heart Rate Sensor (Lv. 120, Daromi)
- To the First Planning Place! (Lv. 120, Daromi)
- Entry Gate, Courage Test 1 (Lv. 120, Haunted House – Oliver)
- Entry Gate, Courage Test 2 (Lv. 120, Haunted House – Oliver)
- Thief! Defeat the Ghost (Lv. 120, Haunted House – Oliver)
- Good Day to Confess (Lv. 120, Daromi)
- Decisive Daromi (Lv. 120, Daromi)
- Shaking Heart Rate Sensor (Lv. 120, Daromi)
- Find the Meter (Lv. 120, Daromi)
- Strong Signal (Lv. 120, Daromi)
- Retrieved Heart Rate Sensor (Lv. 120, Caped Mascot)
- I Have to Tell Dadamji (Lv. 120, Daromi)
- Second Plan, Gyro Drop (Lv. 120, Daromi)
- Instant Drop! (Lv. 120, Gyro Drop – Alcyone)
- Excilerative Confession at the Vikings (Lv. 120, Daromi)
- Viking Repairs 1 (Lv. 120, Viking – Oliver)
- Viking Repairs 2 (Lv. 120, Viking – Oliver)
- Confession Plan’s Crisis (Lv. 120, Daromi)
- Controlled Area, Animal Show (Lv. 120, Daromi)
- True Confession (Lv. 120, Daromi)
- Event Preparations 1 (Lv. 120, Nurse Ailee)
- Event Preparations 2 (Lv. 120, Nurse Ailee)
- The World’s Most Exciting 101st Confession (Lv. 120, Nurse Ailee)
The following items have been added.
- Equip: Heart Bracelet (6 all stats, 1 attack/magic atack, 45 defense, 5 slots, untradeable)
- Medal: 101st Proposal (5 all stats, 100 HP, 200 MP, 1 attack/magic attack, 100 defense)
- Etc: Dolion’s Ribbon Cloth
- Etc: Repair Bag
- Etc: Ribbon Brooch
A shortcut key and a help icon in the UI for Maple Union have been added.
Dream Breaker has been added to the Maple Guide. (Finally! It was super annoying having to climb up the clock tower every day…)
An error where the boss Suu would not create the rotating laser for the bind duration if you used a bind skill the instant you entered the Black Heaven Core map has been fixed.
Story Mode Lucid has been added.
- You can defeat Story Mode Lucid to complete the ‘Showdown’ quest.
- Story Mode Lucid has no drops/rewards.
- This will also unlock the sixth Crack of Subconscious quest (which awards the Butterfly’s Dream medal).
During Omega Sector‘s infiltration mission, you will now be moved to the starting point instead of dying if you are seen by the camera.
Omega Sector’s boss Caoong will no longer be affected by knockback skills.
Certain hunting grounds in Road of Vanishing have had their Arcane Force requirements decreased from 360 AF to 80 AF. The corresponding monsters’ stats have been decreased. The prerequisite quest to enter these areas has been changed to ‘Defeat Arma’.
- Hidden Lake
- Hidden Flame Zone
- Hidden Cave
Certain hunting grounds in Chew Chew Island and City of Dreams Lacheln are no longer available and have been removed.
- Hidden Chewrup Forest
- Hidden Torrential Zone
- Hidden Whale Mountain
- Hidden Dancing Shoes Area
- Hidden Plate Street
- Hidden Clocktower of Nightmares
The 2017 New Year’s Coin Shop has been extended to February 15.
The following errors have been fixed.
- An error where skill transparency would not apply to Paladin’s Blessed Hammer has been fixed.
- An error where if you used Mercedes’ Elemental Ghost and Sylphidia at the same time, Elemental Ghost’s spirit attack would not hit enemies has been fixed.
- An error where Wind Breaker’s Howling Gale‘s movement was erratic has been fixed.
- An error where Wild Hunter’s Jaguar Link effects would not apply after resurrecting inside the boss Lucid has been fixed.
- An error where Mechanic’s Micro Missile‘s damage would be decreased if used during Metal Armor: Tank has been fixed.
- An error where Angelic Buster would not Dress Up when using her 5th job skills has been fixed.
Movement guide quests have been added to Omega Sector.
- Test Operation 1-1 (Lv. 165, Doctor Porter)
- For Dukgu 1-1 (Lv. 165, Dukgu)
- This Isn’t the Way 1-1 (Lv. 165, Vent)
- Guni vs Rini 1-1 (Lv. 165, Rini)
- Wounded Heart 1-1 (Lv. 165, Rini)
The Baby Fold pets will be on sale until March 1, including Baby Fondue, Baby Sasha, and Baby Coco.
The Sweet Valentine’s Day event has begun in the Cash Shop and will run until February 22. The following items will be on sale.
The House Wedding Ticket will be 50% off!
In addition, the Love’s Messenger set, the Sweet Dessert Choco (M) and Sweet Dessert Cream (F) sets will be sold.
If you purchase any of the above Valentine’s Day event items with Nexon Cash, you’ll receive the Valentine’s Face Accessory Box for free. You can open it to choose one of three accessories (Heart Chocolate, Strawberry Cake, Rose Bun).
BEYOND Coin Shop: Season 2
Season 2 of the BEYOND Coin Shop has begun and will run until March 5.
During this event, you can hunt monsters around your level to collect Festival Boxes. You can open these boxes to receive 1 BEYOND Coin and experience based on your level. You can use up to 60 boxes per day. Note: these boxes are fully tradeable!
Many items have been changed and many new items have been added to the BEYOND Coin Shop, including the Adventurer Critical Ring (12% critical rate, 1% critical damage), Dark Adventurer Critical Ring (15% critical rate, 3% critical damage), new Damage Skins, chairs, and mounts!
The buying limits on all items (except for the Unity Ring Voucher) have been reset.
- Eternal Rebirth Flame (150 coins) [limit of 3]
- Eternal Rebirth Flame BEYOND Pack (1900 coins) [limit of 1]
- 10% Clean Slate Scroll (30 coins) [limit of 5]
- 10% Clean Slate Scroll BEYOND Pack (400 coins) [limit of 1]
- 50% Epic Potential Scroll (70 coins) [limit of 3]
- 50% Epic Potential Scroll BEYOND Pack (900 coins) [limit of 1]
- Craftsman’s Cube (70 coins) [limit of 3]
- Craftsman’s Cube BEYOND Pack (900 coins) [limit of 1]
- Special Medal of Honor (70 coins) [limit of 3]
- Special Medal of Honor BEYOND Pack (900 coins) [limit of 1]
- Strong Rebirth Flame (80 coins) [limit of 5]
- 60% Miraculous Positive Chaos Scroll (100 coins) [limit of 3[
- Strange Cube (5 coins) [limit of 5]
- Gold Potential Stamp (20 coins) [limit of 7]
- Special Additional Potential Stamp (30 coins) [limit of 3]
- 60% Innocent Scroll (50 coins) [limit of 3]
- 50% Gold Hammer (30 coins) [limit of 3]
- BEYOND Random Damage Skin Box II (80 coins) [unlimited]
- XOXO Damage Skin
- Chick Damage Skin
- Absolabs Damage Skin
- Fafnir Damage Skin
- Music Power Damage Skin
- Road of Vanishing Damage Skin
- Nanopixel Damage Sin
- Secret Note Damage Skin
- Snowing Damage Skin
- Neon Shine Damage Skin
- Fireworks Damage Skin
- Marshmallow Damage Skin
- Yeti X Pepe Damage Skin
- Monotone Damage Skin
- Impactive Damage Skin
- Arcana Damage Skin (200 coins) [limit of 1]
- Emperor’s Damage Skin (200 coins) [limit of 1]
- Maple Warrior’s Throne (1000 coins) [limit of 1]
- DJ Booth Chair (1000 coins) [limit of 1]
- Dunk Shot Master Chair (800 coins) [limit of 1]
- Arcana Tree of Spirits Chair (240 coins) [limit of 1]
- Wings of BEYOND Chair (120 coins) [limit of 1]
- Sky Bicycle Riding Voucher (Permanent) (800 coins) [limit of 1]
- Polar Bear Riding Voucher (Permanent) (350 coins) [limit of 1]
- Arcana Wind Spirit Riding Voucher (Permanent) (250 coins) [limit of 1]
- House Wedding Ticket Voucher (300 coins) [limit of 1]
- 10 Safety Charms Voucher (50 coins) [unlimited]
- Personality Growth Potion (300 coins) [limit of 1]
- Open Job Advancement Coin (300 coins) [limit of 1]
- SP Reset Scroll (50 coins) [limit of 1]
- AP Reset Scroll (50 coins) [limit of 1]
- Damage Skin Storage Slot Expansion Coupon (100 coins) [limit of 1]
- 8 Slot Recipe Bag (80 coins) [limit of 1]
- 8 Slot Soul Bag (80 coins) [limit of 1]
- 8 Slot Profession Material Bag (80 coins) [limit of 1]
- 6 Slot Title Wallet (30 coins) [limit of 1]
- 12 Slot Chair Bag (100 coins) [limit of 1]
- Pink Coin Purse (80 coins) [limit of 1]
- Character Slot Expansion Coupon (200 coins) [limit of 1]
- Mastery Book 20 (5 coins) [limit of 5]
- Mastery Book 30 (10 coins) [limit of 5]
- Core Gemstone (50 coins) [limit of 10]
- BEYOND Coin (10) (10 Magpie Coins) [limit of 10 per day]
- Pollo and Fritto Entry Ticket (20 coins) [limit of 1 per day]
- Monster Park REBORN Free Entry Ticket (20 coins) [limit of 1 per day]
- Unity Ring Voucher (800 coins) [limit of 1]
- Unity Ring Only Cube (30 coins) [limit of 5 per day]
- Dark Adventurer Critical Ring (1500 coins) [limit of 1]
- Adventurer Critical Ring (500 coins) [limit of 1]
Festival All-in-One Gift Box
The Festival All-in-One Gift Box event has begun and will run until February 17.
For all the Maple Warriors who have logged in this winter during the BEYOND update (between December 22 and February 9), you can login to the official homepage and claim the reward once per Nexon ID.
Login to the game and receive the reward from the Cash Shop, the Festival All-in-One Gift Box! It is tradeable between characters in the same world and you can choose how many of each item you would like to take out.
- 5 2x Experience Coupons (15 Minutes)
- 5 2x Drop Coupons (15 Minutes)
- 1 Storm Growth Potion
- 1 Personality Growth Potion
- 1 February Royal Hair Coupon
- 1 Trendy Royal Face Coupon
- 1 VIP Hair Dye Coupon
- 1 Skin Care Coupon
- 3 4 Selective Slot Expansion Coupons
- 1 8 Storage Slot Expansion Coupon
- 1 Character Slot Expansion Coupon
- 100 Magpie Coins
In Reboot/Reboot 2, the February Royal Hair Coupon and Trendy Royal Face Coupon will be replaced with the Reboot Hair Coupon and Reboot Face Coupon.
Festival Mega Burning Project
The Festival Mega Burning Project has begun and will run until February 27.
Like before, when you create a new character during this event, you can choose to make them a Mega Burning character! Note that you cannot burn a Zero, and you can only do this once per world per Maple ID.
Characters can only become Mega Burning characters when they are created. You cannot change your Mega Burning character but if you delete it, you can make another one.
The main benefit of a Mega Burning character is the ability to gain two extra levels per level up. This effect will take place until level 130!
You’ll also receive the Keep on Burning title which gives 100 all stats, 10 attack/magic attack, 10% boss damage, 10% defense ignore, and 400 HP/MP. The title can only be equipped after reaching level 130 and its stats will expire in 14 days.
At level 100, you’ll receive the Legendary Secret Box which when opened will reward you with 2 Mastery Book 20’s, 2 Mastery Book 30’s, and a full Black set.
At level 30, you’ll receive the Level 30 Equipment Box which is self-explanatory.
Finally, when your Mega Burning character is created, it will receive a Snail pet that has 5 hours of magic. It comes with meso loot, item loot, auto loot, and auto HP/MP. You cannot use the Water of Life on it.
Festival Saturday Benefits
For the next three Saturdays during this event, various benefits will take place!
On February 11, the following benefits will take place:
- 5x chance to get Magnificent Souls when trading in 10 Soul Pieces
- 7 free Monster Park runs
- 2x the BEYOND Coins when opening Festival Boxes
On February 18, the following benefits will take place:
- 100% success rate when Star Force enhancing to 5/10/15 stars
- 2x the BEYOND Coins when opening Festival Boxes
On February 25, the following benefits will take place:
- 30% discount in the BEYOND Coin Shop (does not apply to the 10 Beyond Coins)
- 2x the BEYOND Coins when opening Festival Boxes
Festival Sugar Time!
The Festival Sugar Time event has begun and will run for only one day, February 12, from 12 PM to 12 AM.
Characters level 33 or higher (or Zeroes who have completed Chapter 2) can access the Festival Sugar Time UI using the event icon. During this event, the amount of time that you are logged in will be recorded in the Festival Sugar Time UI.
When you stay logged in for a total of 30/60/90/120 minutes, you can click the button on the UI to receive the following rewards:
- 30 Minutes
- 10 BEYOND Coins
- 60 Minutes
- 30 BEYOND Coins
- 2x Experience Coupon (15 minutes)
- 90 Minutes
- 10 BEYOND Coins
- 120 Minutes
- Festival Sugar Box (gives either 500 Mileage or 5,000~10,000 Maple Points if you’re lucky)
- Festival Sugar Coin Box (gives 30 BEYOND Coins x number of times you have opened this box)
- 2x Experience Coupon (15 minutes)
Once you have received all of the rewards above, your cumulative time will be reset and you can collect them starting from the beginning again. You can receive the rewards up to 5 times per Maple ID.
Your cumulative time will be shared between all characters on your Maple ID and will continue to add up until you reach the maximum 120 minutes. Once you have reached the maximum number of rewards (5), you will no longer accumulate logged in time.
Festival 100 Person Bingo
The Festival 100 Person Bingo event has begun and will run until February 27.
From 10:15 AM to 11:45 PM, you will receive an invitation above your head every XX:15 and XX:45 to join Bingo. You can participate up to 5 times per day.
Based on your ranking, you’ll earn BEYOND Coins!
Spiegelmann’s Adventure Express: Nihal Desert’s Trade King
The Spiegelmann’s Adventure Express: Nihal Desert’s Trade King event has begun and will run until February 27.
Spiegelmann’s expedition train has a new destination: the Nihal Desert. You can participate once per day. When you enter Spiegelmann’s train, you’ll receive 50 coins.
In the train, you can talk to Colossus Hasar, a millionaire, in order to hire up to 5 porters (who can carry goods for you) and upgrade your wagon to move faster through the desert.
Each merchant will have different inventories. You can either buy the goods they are selling, or sell your goods to them if they want them. Every 5 minutes, the types and prices of goods will change.
You can only hold a certain combined weight, based on your wagon and if you have any hired porters.
You can trade in the coins that you collect to Spiegelmann for various rewards.
- BEYOND Coin (1 per 100 coins, limit of 100 per day)
- Mesos (1 million mesos per 200 coins, limit of 5 million mesos per trade)
- Millionaire’s Aura (buff) [30 all stats, 20 attack/magic attack, 10% boss damage/defense ignore, 2000 HP/MP for 10 minutes] (1 per 500 coins, limit of 10 per day)
- Ridings (Turtle riding – 500 coins, Ostrich riding – 1000 coins, Camel riding – 2000 coins)
Spiegella also has a few missions for you to complete. For each one that you complete, you’ll receive a 50 BEYOND Coins Voucher which is account tradeable.
- Basics of Business: collect and give Spiegella a gift of 100 coins
- Desert’s Ship Camel: upgrade your wagon to a camel
- Strange Porter: hire the nondescript, hidden porter
- Brilliant Diamond: find and give Spiegella a gift of 5 Brilliant Diamonds
- Hidden Oasis: find the hidden oasis and drink the water 10 times
The Cassandra’s Valentine event has begun and will run until February 15.
During this event, you can hunt monsters around your level to collect Love Filled Chocolates. Deliver them to Cassandra to receive 5 BEYOND Coins. You can do this up to 10 times per day.