kMS ver. 1.2.202 – MapleStory FLY: Let’s MAPLE!
The second patch of the FLY update, Let’s MAPLE has been released! This one contains a couple of new world merged party quests, an expansion to the Lion King’s Castle, a new dungeon, and some job balancing!
Apart from first job, Mikhail’s hunting is very slow compared to other jobs, and even at bosses, there are no particular advantages. Therefore, some skills have been strengthened.
- Soul Driver: number of hits has been increased from 4 to 6
- Shining Buster: damage has been increased from 270% to 410%
- Soul Slash: damage has been increased from 230% to 410%
- Soul Assault: damage has been increased from 360% to 417%
- Shining Blast: damage has been increased from 280% to 400%
After fourth job, Mechanic’s hunting ability decreases greatly, and the Hyper Skill – Metal Armor: Hovering decreases attacking speed, resulting in low damage.
- Laser Blast: damage has been increased from 505% to 545%
- Metal Armor: Hovering: attack speed has been increased
After second job, it is hard to hunt. And although Hurricane is a single target skill, there are no Hyper Skill upgrades so it is not good for bossing.
- Arrow Bomb: damage has been increased from 450% to 525%
- Hurricane: damage has been increased from 158% to 181%
- Flame Shot: damage has been decreased from 400% to 360%, number of hits has been increased from 2 to 3
- Uncountable Arrow: damage has been increased from 340% to 380%
- Hurricane (enhanced: damage has been increased from 276% to 280%
- Arrow Platter – Reinforce: now applies to enhanced Hurricane
- Arrow Platter – Boss Killer: now applies to enhanced Hurricane
Hunting and bossing abilities are a bit low compared to others but Demon Avengers have high HP, resilience, and lack of potion use, so only a small change has been made.
After the first reorganization, their hunting and bossing abilities are still a bit too low.
- Sonic Boom: damage has been increased from 260% to 265%
- Wild Vulcan: damage has been increased from 285% to 300%
Other than second job, their hunting ability is fine. They need higher damage in second job in order to train faster.
Hunting ability in fourth job is low until level 180, after which it is good. Therefore, the following changes have been made.
- Devil Cry: damage has been increased from 210% to 270%
- Demon Impact: damage has been increased from 330% to 405%
After first job, they have high and low points of hunting ability. In addition, Mercedes do not have much utility while fighting bosses and instead have high attacking speed with medium range.
- Cross Piercing: damage has been increased from 83% to 120%
- Strike Dualshot: damage has been increased from 200% to 240%
- Unicorn Spike: damage has been increased from 195% to 315%
- Advanced Strike Dualshot: damage has been increased from 150% to 240%
- Advanced Final Attack: activation rate has been increased from 70% to 75%
- Legendary Spear: damage has been increased from 580% to 610%
After second job, hunting slows down. And the way Dragon Slash is upgraded multiplicative instead of additive has been looked at.
- Dragon Slash 1st Enhancement: damage boost has been increased from 30% to 40%
- Dragon Slash 2nd Enhancement: damage boost has been increased from 50% to 70%
- Dragon Slash 3rd Enhancement: damage boost has been increased from 80% to 90%
- Giga Slasher: damage has been increased from 200% to 220%
- Sword Strike: damage has been increased from 200% to 300%, explosion damage has been increased from 150% to 225%
While they are good at fighting bosses, their hunting ability is lower compared to other classes, so some skills have been improved.
- Fire Circle: damage has been increased from 280% to 350%
- Lightning Bolt: damage has been increased from 380% to 430%
- Ice Breath: damage has been increased from 520% to 550%
- Magic Flare: damage has been increased from 610% to 650%
- Dragon Thrust: damage has been increased from 235% to 255%
- Fire Breath: damage has been increased from 420% to 530%
- Illusion: damage has been increased from 410% to 450%
- Blaze: damage has been increased from 305% to 500%
Lion King’s Castle has been reorganized slightly. First off, El Nath’s Danger Zone Taxi can now take you straight to the Lion King’s Castle~
A small expansion to Lion King Castle, the Lion King’s Rose Garden has been added! Originally, Van Leon took care of it as a present to Ipia but after her death, he stopped caring. Maple Warriors! Protect the beautiful rose garden from the monsters attacking!
You can access the Rose Garden after completing the main Lion King’s Castle quests, in the fifth tower.
There are three stages of daily quests, and you can complete them a total of 3 times each. Basically, the gardener Cecilia will ask you to get a certain number of points by defeating monsters in the garden, each worth a different number of points.
For completing the first stage, you’ll get one Rose Garden Box. Second stage gives 2, and third stage gives 5. These boxes, when opened, can give you certain items!
The prizes are Ipia’s Jewel set, which consists of a ring (3 all stats, 100 HP and MP, 1 attack and magic attack, 1 slot), earrings (1 all stats, 150 HP and MP, 5 slots), and a pendant (5 all stats, 150 HP and MP, 1 attack and magic attack, 3 slots). They’re all untradeable upon being equipped, once of a kind, and the ring cannot have potential.
The set effects apply when you are wearing 2 of the items (5 all stats, 2 attack and magic attack) or 3 items (5% HP and MP, 3 attack and magic attack, 20% increased damage to Van Leon).
In addition, when you open 15 or more boxes, you’ll get the Rose Warrior medal, which gives 400 HP and 140 defense and magic defense.
Oh yeah, and all Van Leon weapons have been changed from being ‘untradeable’ to ‘untradeable when equipped’ by default.
You might remember Murmur, the NPC for Soul Weapons. Well, he’s now a skeleton in love. He’s fallen for a kumiho (nine tailed fox) and wants to impress her with souls!
He has begun to run Murmur’s Dungeon, a dungeon with 10 rooms. You’ll be sent in with a team, facing another. The first team to find 3 Soul Fragments in the 10 rooms wins! This will only be available until November 10.
The minimap (1) will allow you to see rooms you’ve been to and the location of the other team. The time limit (2) is 1 hour if you go in solo, or 30 minutes if you go with a party of 3. You can only revive (3) once in the dungeon, any more deaths than that and you will be kicked out.
You can also collect dungeon-only items (4) in the rooms, through chests. You can see your collected Soul Fragments and the other team’s as well (5). When you enter the Dungeon, your Soul Weapon UI will change to allow you to set Soul Traps if its fully charged.
Each room will have portals to allow you to move to other Soul Rooms.
After clearing a room, you might find a chest. If it’s yellow, you’ll get a Murmur item, if its blue you’ll get a Soul Fragment, but if the other team got there before you, you might find nothing.
Setting Soul Traps will impede the movement of the other team and allow you to get ahead!
Some rooms will have special monsters, based on the five jobs. If you’re the same job, you will do more damage but if you’re not you’ll do less! A diverse party will allow you to move through rooms quickly.
– add prizes-
First of all, two new world merged party quests have been added! In my last post I mentioned that it was only Moon Bunny’s Rice Cake and First Accompaniment, but now the Forest of Poison Fog (October 17) and Traces of the Goddess (October 31) are available to participate in!
And like the others, you can now buy the equipment from the Party Point Shop. The stats are basically the same, I believe. The last item is used to get the pages of the Goddess’ Diary, for that one quest that I bet 90% of Maplers have never completed haha.
The Soul Collector list I talked about a while ago has been updated to include the Spirit of Rock and Ephenia.
Of course this includes their hidden images, which you can unlock if you collect all types of Souls for these bosses.
Smart Riding has been expanded again, it can now be used in Edelstein, Nihal Desert, and Mu Lung!
Now, by clicking Menu -> Key Settings, you can choose between two key types. These include the basic key settings and the optional key settings. They can be set to apply to all characters or just for one.
The basic keys are what MapleStory has been using since forever, I think most people have gotten used to at least some of these key placements.
The optional keys are focused towards players who are used to other games, leaving the keys near QWER empty so you can place your skills and everything there.
A new shortcuts button has been added below the minimap. Clicking it will take you to a new window which gives you quick access to things like Boss Arena, Cross Hunter, your item pots, Bits, Maple Chat, and Bamon League.
Anyways, that’s basically it for this patch, other than some Cash updates (cute new candle pets!) and events. Speaking of which, I’ve decided that I’m not gonna cover those anymore, they usually take up at least half of my time on a post (if not more) and I would rather finish a post early.
However, if there are some that are really interesting, I might talk about them. Oh yeah, they announced the winners for Superstar M! But they didn’t include the winning ideas, only the names of the people who won… lame. They said the ideas may or may not actually be seen in game.
Off topic but sorta not, it’s been really hectic at university! I think some of you asked already but I’m actually studying computer science. I loved it in high school and I like it even more now! I’m always super busy with assignments due every other day and now there’s even mid terms… it’s only been a month!
I think I’m adjusting okay… definitely need to work on time management (i.e. spend less time “working on assignments” with friends). My MapleStory playtime has decreased like… 90%…. although I still try to sneak in a League game here and there when my friends are available (play League! *shameless plug*).
Hope you (Canadian) guys had (or will have I guess) a great Thanksgiving! I had to come home for the long weekend, partly for the food and partly (well… mostly) for…
Pokemon X and Y!! It’s finally out! I picked it up on Saturday and have been playing since! The graphics are really great and I love the new battle animations. Also, the worldwide release means that no one actually knows everything that’s going to happen, which is a very new feeling haha. I got X by the way, so someone trade me the Y exclusives~
My only gripe is the framerate drops when using 3D in battles… hopefully they can patch it or something. There are so many references to Hoenn in this game it’s crazy, Gamefreak you trolls just release the 3rd generation remake already!