kMS ver. 1.2.139 – The ‘Legend’ Update Finale!
This patch is called the finale of the Legend update! I really didn’t think that we would get them so fast, but Cross Hunter, Akyrum, and Aran/Evan skill changes were all released within this patch! Like I promised, I have prepared a post with many pictures and hopefully better explanations than the patch notes.
I’ve also gotten some new chairs! I’ve updated the ‘My Chairs’ page to become ‘My Collections’, since I now work on collecting medals! If you are interested, please visit it!
Past the cut is everything that was released this patch, including those mentioned before and also many new events!
The first thing I will talk about is called the Birth of the Union! All classes and all jobs have come together to work as one to defeat the Black Mage!
After you complete some quests (very easy might I add), you will be sent to talk to Cygnus. This will begin the meeting of the Union! As you can see, almost everyone is here~
For being part of the Union, you receive two things. The first is the Union Member medal, which gives 500 HP and MP. The second is a beginner skill called Union’s Will, which gives you 5 to all stats and 5 attack and magic attack! Pretty good for a couple of minutes of work, I would say!
The Black Mage’s power is getting closer, Mystic Gates have appeared all around the Maple world. Join the secret organization, Cross Hunter, to find out the true identity of these gates!
After saving Cheryl at the Kerning Subway, you begin the chain of quests that allow you to join Cross Hunter! Anyone level 75+ is allowed to join (not very secret if you ask me!). To become a Cross Hunter, you must pass the trial set before you by Gerekter (defeat his dog, Happy).
Each Mystic Gate leads to a Master Monster. Cross Hunter’s goal is to hunt these monsters and keep the Maple world safe!
As you progress through the quests, you will receive rewards such as potions, medals, and rings.
- Bronze Cross Ring (1 to all stats, 15 def/mdef, Lv.75)
- Silver Cross Ring (1 to all stats, 25 HP/MP, 30 def/mdef, 10 acc/avoid, Lv.90)
- Gold Cross Ring (2 to all stats, 50 HP/MP, 45 def/mdef, 1 attack/magic attack, 15 acc/avoid, Lv.105)
- Platinum Cross Ring (3 to all stats, 75 HP/MP, 60 def/mdef, 1 attack/magic attack, 20 acc, 15 avoid, 5 speed, 2 slots, Lv.120) *cannot be potentialed*
- Apprentice Cross Hunter (2 to all stats, 80 HP/MP, 30 def/mdef, 20 acc/avoid, 3 speed, Lv.75)
- Official Cross Hunter (3 to all stats, 120 HP/MP, 60 def/mdef, 30 acc/avoid, 5 speed, Lv.90)
- Professional Cross Hunter (4 to all stats, 160 HP/MP, 90 def/mdef, 1 attack/magic attack, 40 acc/avoid, 7 speed, 1 PVP damage, Lv.105)
- Cross Hunter Master (5 to all stats, 200 HP/MP, 120 def/mdef, 1 attack/magic attack, 50 acc/avoid, 10 speed, 2 PVP damage, Lv.120)
You will also collect Cross Coins, which can be traded in at the Cross Hunter’s hideout in Edelstein to Lee for equipment and scrolls.
- Veteran Cross Belt (3 to all stats, 80 HP/MP, 45 def/mdef, 30 avoid, 3 slots, Lv.95)
- Veteran Cross Shoulder (1 to all stats, 35 def/mdef, 1 attack/magic attack, 3 slots, Lv.85) *cannot be potentialed*
- Veteran Cross Pendant (5 to all stats, 70 HP/MP, 50 def/mdef, 1 attack/magic attack, 4 slots, Lv.105)
- Veteran Cross Belt Enchant Scroll 20% (5 to all stats, 3 attack/magic attack, 80 def/mdef, 80% chance of destroying the equipment if the scroll fails)
- Veteran Cross Belt Enchant Scroll 60% (2 to all stats, 1 attack/magic attack, 30 def/mdef, 40% chance of destroying the equipment if the scroll fails)
- Veteran Cross Shoulder Enchant Scroll 20% (5 to all stats, 3 attack/magic attack, 50 acc/avoid, 80% chance of destroying the equipment if the scroll fails)
- Veteran Cross Shoulder Enchant Scroll 60% (2 to all stats, 1 attack/magic attack, 20 acc/avoid, 40% chance of destroying the equipment if the scroll fails)
- Veteran Cross Pendant Enchant Scroll 20% (5 to all stats, 3 attack/magic attack, 50 HP/MP, 80% chance of destroying the equipment if the scroll fails)
- Veteran Cross Pendant Enchant Scroll 60% (2 to all stats, 1 attack/magic attack, 20 HP/MP, 40% chance of destroying the equipment if the scroll fails)
One of the Black Mage’s generals, Akyrum, can now be fought! He has opened a crack in time inside the Temple of Time that leads to Past Leafre! He wishes to revive the Black Mage there! As you do the Cross Hunter quests, you will get closer and closer to fighting him!
Akyrum is very powerful, you need an expedition of people at least level 120! Up to 20 people can enter Akyrum’s lair. He uses many new attacks such as trapping you in rock and having you fight… yourself?!
Akyrum drops the recipe of the Dominator Pendant, and also the Twisted Piece of Time that is used to scroll it! The Dominator Pendant gives 20 to all stats, 10% HP and MP, 15 HP and MP, 3 attack and magic attack, 100 defense and magic defense, and has 5 slots. It can be traded once by use of the Platinum Scissors of Karma.
The Twisted Piece of Time has a 70% chance of success, and if failed, destroys the item. It gives 3 attack and magic attack, 3 to all stats, 25 defense and magic defense, 25 HP and MP, 30 accuracy and avoid, 3 speed, and 2 jump.
He also drops the Immortal Hero and Eternal Hero sets. All four rings can be traded once with the use of the Platinum Scissors of Karma. The Guardian’s Immortal Ring gives 5 to all stats, 150 defense, 50 magic defense, 75 avoid, and has 1 slot. The Berserker’s Immortal Ring gives 5 to all stats, 2 attack, 30 defense and magic defense, 75 accuracy, and has 1 slot. When worn together, they give a set bonus of 15 to all stats and 10 attack!
The Oracle’s Eternal Ring gives 5 to all stats, 50 defense, 150 magic defense, 75 avoid, and has 1 slot. The Archlord’s Eternal Ring gives 5 to all stats, 2 magic attack, 30 defense and magic defense, 75 accuracy, and has 1 slot. When worn together, they give a set bonus of 15 to all stats and 10 magic attack!
Aran’s skills were reorganized.
- NEW SKILL: Regained Memory: A skill obtainable through the Cross Hunter quests. Permanently increase attack by 10, defense by 300, speed by 10, critical chance by 5%, and damage on boss monsters by 5%.
- Combo Ability: Speed increase per 10 combo count was increased from 2 to 3.
- Combat Step: Speed increase of 15 and a maximum speed increase of 20 was added. Delay after use was greatly reduced. Distance moved was increased.
- Final Charge: Master level was decreased from 20 to 10. Distance moved was increased.
- Combo Drain: Buff duration was doubled from 120 seconds to 240 seconds.
- NEW SKILL: Physical Training: Permanently increase dex and strength by 30 (master level of 10).
- Rolling Spin: Damage was increased from 95% to 110%.
- REMOVED SKILL: Smart Knockback
- NEW SKILL: Might: A personal buff skill that has the effect of Smart Knockback (only need 10% of the damage required to knockback a monster) and also increases attack by 25, defense and magic defense by 215 (master level of 20).
- Combo Critical: Now increases maximum critical damage by 20%.
- Cleaving Attack: Monster defense ignored was increased from 20% to 25%. Damage distribution reduction was increased from 50% to 75%.
- Combo Judgement: Instead of 1500% damage, now hits 500% damage 3 times.
- Final Blow: Instead of 830% damage, now hits 282% damage 3 times. Now ignores 20% of a monster’s defense. Range was increased.
- Combo Barrier: Buff duration was doubled from 240 seconds to 480 seconds.
- High Defense: Damage reduction was increased from 15% to 20%.
- Combo Tempest: Now passively increases Combo Judgement’s damage by 40%.
- Swift Move: Damage increase of Final Toss and Final Charge was increased from 30% to 50%.
Evan skills were reorganized. Evan are also now able to cast attacks right after Teleport and Dragon Blink.
- NEW SKILL: Inherited Will: A skill obtainable throug the Cross Hunter quests. Permanently increase magic by 10, magic defense by 300, maximum HP by 15%, all stats by 10, and damage on boss monsters by 5%.
- Dragon Soul: Now increases attacking speed by 1 stage, and defense/magic defense by 145.
- Magic Guard: Buff duration was doubled from 300 seconds to 600 seconds. Damage absorbed by MP was increased from 70% to 85%.
- Ice Breath: Damage was increased from 355% to 410%.
- NEW SKILL: High Wisdom: Permanently increase int by 40 (master level of 10).
- MOVED SKILL: Elemental Reset (moved to 5th Growth)
- REMOVED SKILL: Slow
- Magic Flare: Damage was increased from 400% to 430%.
- Dragon Thrust: Damage was increased from 115% to 140%.
- Magic Booster: Speed increase was decreased from 3 stages to 2 stages.
- Fire Breath: Damage was increased from 500% to 610%, mob count was increased from 6 to 8.
- Killing Wing: Damage was increased from 420% to 450%.
- Dragon Fury: Damage increase was increased from 25% to 35%.
- Earthquake: Damage was increased from 550% to 640%.
- Onyx’s Protection: Master level was decreased from 20 to 15.
- Recovery Aura: Master level was decreased from 10 to 5.
- NEW SKILL: Teleport Mastery: Increase the distance of your teleport and also inflict 300% damage on up to 6 monster while teleporting, with a 20% chance to stun enemies for 4 seconds (master level of 10).
- Illusion: Damage was increased from 175% to 190%, monsters’ defense ignored was increased from 15% to 20%.
- Flame Wheel: Instead of 670% damage, now hits 265% damage 3 times. Mob count was increased from 6 to 8.
- Onyx’s Blessing: magic attack increase was increased from 30 to 35.
- Blaze: Damage was increased from 260% to 285%, monsters’ defense ignored was increased from 20% to 35%.
- Soul Stone: Buff applies to 6 party members now.
- Onyx’s Will: Instead of damaging monsters, now decreases damage taken by 15%.
Those who log on between August 18 and August 31 will receive a free SP Reset.
Theme dungeons (Mushroom Kingdom, Kerning Square, Chryse) were reorganized. Some maps were changed, quest experience was increased, and the bosses are now able to be fought alone.
New minidungeons have appeared!
- Warning! Alien Infested Area: Omega Sector, Bernard Gray
- Blazing Hills: Ariant, Cactus
- Warped Space: Ludibrium, Soul Teddy
- Windy Sand Hills: (pre-existing minidungeon) Monsters changed from Sand Dwarfs to Scorpions
In Sleepywood, a few new maps were added in Cave’s Exit and Temple’s Entrance.
The first event is Find the Best Summer Vacation! There are two parts to this event. First, you can collect 50 Mini Palm Trees from monsters around your level to get some experience and 30 Waikiki Coconuts, potions that heal 2000 HP. This quest is repeatable every 10 minutes.
Secondly, you can hold a Melted Igloo from Gaga for 30 minutes to get a Legendary Igloo. Gaga will give you 1 Legend Coin (up to 4 per day from this quest) and 30 Alaska Icecream, which heal 2000 HP. Basically, this event is good for farming HP potions.
The second event is called Legend Member Appreciation! This Legend update for MapleStory has made it more popular than ever! During the Hot Time event on August 6, more than 620,000 users were online! This event is made to thank everyone for their continued participation! First off, monsters are now dropping Legend Maple Leaves and Legend Weapon Boxes!
The Legend Weapon Box can give Legend Maple Coins, Legend Maple Weapon Scrolls, Legend Scrolls, Legend Maple Weapons, Sunrise Dew or Reindeer Milk.
You can spend your Legend Maple Coins at the Legend Maple Coin Shop to buy the new Legend Maple set! All the armor is able to be traded once with the use of the Share Name Tag. The weapons are untradeable.
The Legend Maple set also has set bonuses! When wearing 5 of them, you get 200 HP/MP, 3 attack/magic attack, and 150 accuracy/avoid. 7 nets you 5 to all stats and 5 attack/magic attack. Finally, all 8 gives you 11 to all stats, 7 attack/magic attack, and 10 speed/jump.
There are also scrolls for the equipment on sale, both 25% and 70% scrolls! The 25% scrolls for the armor give 5 to the chosen stat,with a 50% chance of breaking the item on failure while the 70% give 3 to the stat with a 25% chance of breaking the item on failure. The 25% weapon scrolls give 6 attack (or magic attack) and 3 to all stats, with a 50% chance of breaking the item on failure. There are also specific scrolls for the belt.
Where is this Legend Maple Coin Shop you may ask? Of course, it’s with the lovely Lucia who also sells the Legend equipment~
The Palabird has also returned! Defeat it and it will drop 8 Legend Weapon Boxes!
You can trade in your Legend Maple Leaves at Cassandra for Legend Maple Coins! 100 leaves will give you 1 coin!
You can also raise the Legend Maple Coin Tree to get prizes!
You can get Legend Maple Coins, the Legendary Maple Leaf Tree buff, Legend Coins, Sunrise Dew, or Reindeer Milk.
The buff is different depending on your level. The highest level buff gives 30 attack and magic attack, 400 HP/MP, and 20 speed for 30 minutes.
There is a new medal available called the Hero of 620,000! To get it you must have all 7 Legend Maple armor and also get the 30 day Mushroom Riding to get it.
To get the 30 day Mushroom Riding, you must get 10 Golden Maple Leaves. You can get 1 Golden Maple Leaf per day from Gaga. You can also get one per day by killing 500 monsters within your level range.
You can hold a Wet Sparkler from Gaga for 30 minutes to get a Dried Firecracker, to celebrate the ending of the Legend update! You get some experience and a Legend Coin (you can only get 4 coins per day through this quest).
Also, to celebrate, anyone who reaches level 50 on a Cannon Shooter, Mercedes, or Demon Slayer gets a Legend Tinky Balloon, and at 70, you get a Legend Twin Balloon. These are Cash items and will cover over your cape!
Finally, there is 2x every single day from the 18th all the way to the 31st! Awesome!
P.S. level 170!