kMSt ver. 1.2.003 – Mechanical Grave & Skill Changes!
A new Tespia patch has been released! This time, we’re getting the promised level 200+ area! It’s the Mechanical Grave in Edelstein, based off of Black Heaven. There were also some other neat changes, so read on!
Don’t forget, MapleStory 2’s CBT starts in less than two weeks, I’m excited~
Some Star Force maps have been changed. In El Nath, you can now use the Danger Zone Taxi to go straight to the Dead Mine, and both the Dead Mine and the Cave of Trials maps have had their monster regeneration rate increased greatly.
In Ludibrium, Twisted Passage and Forgotten Passage have had their terrain changed and their monster regeneration rate increased greatly.
In Minar Forest, you can now use the Danger Zone Taxi to go straight to Dragon’s Nest, and the monster regeneration rate has been increased greatly.
Now, after completing Black Heaven, you can play through it again by talking to Moko, who will allow you to reset your progress. When replaying Black Heaven, you will receive the same experience but less Honor.
A new minigame called Psychic Yutnori has been added in Star Planet. The existing Star Yutnori has been renamed to Classic Yutnori. Both of these are available in the Star Arena Street. In Psychic Yutnori, at the beginning of the game you are granted two psychic abilities from sixteen.
In Fight! Return of the Legends, you will now be matched with users with similar scores as you. All Avatars’ experience required per level has been adjusted and the Health Regeneration Core skill has been buffed. In addition, some Avatars have had their skills changed slightly.
- Mike: Shield of War’s cooldown has been decreased, Mace Armor’s damage has been increased
- Manji: Sky Cut’s damage has been decreased
- Grendel: Ice Orb’s damage has been decreased
- Mu Gong: Whirlwind Leg has been changed to allow you to jump
- Dark Lord: Bat Grave’s slow effect duration has been decreased
The login process has been improved! A new ‘previous’ button allows you to return to a previous screen without having to log in again. Also, when creating a character, you will now immediately log in to that character instead of being returned to the character select screen. Finally, when logging off, you will be returned to the character selection screen instead of being forced to log in again.
Many jobs have had their skills changed.
Divine Charge’s damage was low compared to lower jobs’ Charge skills and we thought this did not make sense. Therefore, its damage has been increased.
Since Marksman have high critical chance, the efficiency of Sniping was not as much as it could be due to the damage cap, so we increased it for this skill. The critical chance effect of Distancing Sense was not very useful so it has been changed to defense ignore. In addition, some other skills were changed.
- Distancing Sense: critical chance effect has been changed to defense ignore
- Net Throwing: slow chance has been increased from 70% to 100%, cooldown of 5 seconds has been added
- Dragon Pulse: number of monsters hit has been increased from 6 to 9
- Extreme Archery: Crossbow: in addition to existing effects, now adds 15% minimum critical damage
- Sniping: damage cap has been increased from 300,000,000 to 400,000,000, range has been increased, skill delay has been decreased
- Additional Bolt: Distancing Bolt’s critical chance boost has been changed to a defense ignore boost
- Sniping – Limit Canceller: damage cap boost has been increased from 400,000,000 to 500,000,000
- Long Range Trueshot: damage cap has been increased to 500,000,000, cooldown has been decreased from 30 seconds to 15 seconds
- Bullseye: in addition to existing effects, Bullseye now gives 20% damage
Vipers are not very viable at bosses due to their need to stay close to them. Therefore, Double Spiral can now be used during other skills to avoid attacks and reposition yourself.
- HP Increase: in addition to existing effects, HP Increase now gives 100% Stance
- Double Spiral: can now be used during other skills, when used together with either the left or right arrows you will be rushed in that direction
- Ultra Charge: due to HP Increase’s change, this skill’s Stance effect has been removed
Fusillade’s attack range did not match the animation.
Mercedes has been given a fun hunting pattern in previous skill balancing but the skill damage has been deemed inefficient. Therefore, we added a few more damage boosts, and we also increased the range of Leap Tornado.
- Potential Power: in addition to existing effects, Potential Power now gives 20% damage
- Spirit Infusion: damage boost has been increased from 15% to 30%
- Leap Tornado: attack range has been increased
- Ignis Roar: attack per linked attack has been increased from 3 to 4
- Ancient Spirit: damage boost has been increased from 30% to 40%
Xenon mainly uses Snipe at bosses but as a major skill it was a bit low on damage. Therefore, we increased the number of attacks and reduced the skill delay. Also in earlier levels, to make Blade Dancing more useful, the damage was increased. Finally, after reviving, your Energy Gauge will no longer reset.
- Blade Dancing: damage has been increased from 225% to 260%
- Purge Lob Masquerade: Snipe: number of hits has been increased from 5 to 6, damage has been decreased from 450% to 400%, skill delay has been decreased
Just as a small change, some skills’ motions have been changed after you use Final Figuration in order to look nicer, and you can now sit or climb ladders and ropes in that form.
- Dragon Slash: when using Final Figuration, this skill’s motions will change
- Wing Beat: when using Final Figuration, this skill’s motions will change
- Giga Slash: when using Final Figuration, this skill’s motions will change
For many classes which have passive skills that are automatically activated while attacking, it might lead to some frustration at some places. Therefore, the following jobs have had some skills changed into On/Off skills.
- Night Walker: Shadow Bats
- Xenon: Aegis System
- Angelic Burster: Soul Seeker Expert
- EunWol: Fox Spirit (4th job’s Fire Fox Spirit has been changed into a passive skill)
In order to prevent users who use their Soul Weapon skills in order to hunt automatically (botting), we have made some changes including Soul Weapon skills will no longer fill the Soul Weapon gauge and if you use a Soul skill multiple times in one place, it will no longer be able to be used.
A new area for level 200~230 called the Mechanical Grave has been added! Haven is a new town where Androids live and is also where Black Heaven crashed. It is located above Edelstein and can be accessed through a new cable car in Edelstein Trails 4. You can also use a taxi in Edelstein to come directly to here.
It consists of 5 areas: Haven, Mechanical Grave, Skyline, Black Heaven Deck, and Black Heaven Interior. You can see the monster stats here.
Here’s a video of the area, man those things hit hard. I couldn’t even hit the later mobs, they were too high level and I just missed all my attacks haha.
The new boss Suu has received a Normal mode, which has the same limitations as the original but is easier for players to defeat.
The Absolabs set has received a new design (thanks to Spadow for the image!), and also a new part: the shoulderpad which gives 14 all stats, 10 attack and magic attack with 1 slot.
The item stats have not been changed but the set effects did.
- 2 items: 1500 HP and MP, 20 attack and magic attack
- 3 items: 30 all stats, 25 attack and magic attack
- 4 items: 30 attack and magic attack, 200 defense and magic defense, 10% defense ignore
- 5 items: 20 attack and magic attack, 30% boss damage
- 6 items: 20% HP and MP, 20 attack and magic attack
- 7 items: 20 attack and magic attack, 10% defense ignore
You can now buy the weapons from this set in a shop in Haven, for 8 Absolabs Coins each (including the Zero Lucky Scroll) as well as the Shoes and Cape (for 3 Coins each).
To get 1 Absolabs Coin, you must trade in either 50 A Rank Energy Cores or 1 S Rank Energy Core. I believe the A Rank ones are from daily quests and the S Rank one is from Suu.
New boss Souls have been added for Pierre, Von Bon, Bloody Queen, Vellum, and Suu! There are two skills for each (I guess one is for the Magnificent versions).
Pierre has one where he uses his hat skills on monsters around you, and one where you can randomly summon either Blue, Red, or Purple Pierre for a period of time. Both of Von Bon‘s skills are summons, and Vellum has one where he shoots his laser and one where you summon a Junior Vellum for a period of time.
Both of Suu’s skills are summons as well, I think the difference is damage (and maybe animation?). For some reason there’s no information about Bloody Queen’s haha.